The Greatest Rock 'n Roll Songs, 1955- 1995

Coyote Blue

There have been thousands. But this is #1 to me. California Dreaming. Choose your own. 1966. The Mommas & the Poppas. Haunting and memorable.
"Stopped into a church, I passed along the way. Sat down on my knees and I began to pray"

Tell us your favorites, USACarry. I'd love to hear them.

Yeah baby! Iron Butterfly. Heavy sh!t. If I remember correctly the song took up all of side-1 on the album.
My mid 60's - mid 70's favorites included:
Led Zeppelin, Jonny Winter, Rick Derringer, Mountain, Deep Purple, Allman Brothers, Ry Cooder, Cream, Badfinger, Sabbath, Derek & the Dominos. Dickey Betts, Humble Pie, Jeff Beck, Janis Joplin, Joe Cocker, ELP, Yes, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, The Stones, The Beatles, Robin Trower, Hendrix, Traffic, Blind Faith.
Oh God, my age is showing.
Hey Blues. Where are ya? I'll bet he has some good taste in this period.

Yeah baby! Iron Butterfly. Heavy sh!t. If I remember correctly the song took up all of side-1 on the album.
Led Zeppelin, Jonny Winter, Rick Derringer, Mountain, Deep Purple, Allman Brothers, Ry Cooder, Cream, Badfinger, Sabbath, Derek & the Dominos. Dickey Betts, Humble Pie, Jeff Beck, Janis Joplin, Joe Cocker, ELP, Yes, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, The Stones, The Beatles, Robin Trower, Hendrix, Traffic, Blind Faith.
Oh God, my age is showing. Hey Blues. Where are ya? I'll bet he has some good taste in this period. I still play all this stuff.
Some of my current toys... Les Paul Standard (AAA flame top), Taylor 614ce, Taylor 814ce, Custom Strat, 1970 Martin D-18, Ovation Legend.

I would add Mountain, Hendrix, Cream and put in Pat Traverse (Born Under the Bad Sign) as well as Wishbone Ash. Might want to throw in April Wine and Hawkwind. BUT don't forget about Mott the Hopple.
-
It could on and on and on and on.......
-
I've got to say it's between Jeff Beck and David Gilmore. Really never heard better. OK, Page wasn't bad but wasn't that good either. Sloppy but strong. JMHO!

You left out CCR.

You left out CCR.

Hey, what about Gayle McCormick and Smith? Baby, It's You https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6atUODsWGs
Oh yeah, Gayle was hot. They didn't do too much after that. Kind of faded from the scene.
Sometimes I play with a bunch of people at a weekly Wednesday night get-together. The bass player is a girl with a great voice. She usually plays rockabilly. I gave her a CD with the song on it. I'm hoping to bang it out next Wednesday night. That was a great tune. Blue-eyed soul. It's hard to find the original in digital format because Quentin Tarantino now owns the rights. You can buy the single track recorded live from The Ed Sullivan Show but it's shortened from the original. The original is available from Tarantino when you buy the album "Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof."

I would add Mountain, Hendrix, Cream and put in Pat Traverse (Born Under the Bad Sign) as well as Wishbone Ash. Might want to throw in April Wine and Hawkwind. BUT don't forget about Mott the Hopple.
-
It could on and on and on and on.......
-
I've got to say it's between Jeff Beck and David Gilmore. Really never heard better. OK, Page wasn't bad but wasn't that good either. Sloppy but strong. JMHO!
I saw Pat Travers back in the eighties at a club in Poughkeepsie, NY called "The Chance." Remember Boom Boom Out Go the Lights and Born Under a Bad Sign?

The Weight - The Band
Paint It Black - Rolling Stones
Sugar Magnolia - Grateful Dead

P. S. - 20 years or so till AARP😉

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app

I'm either too old or too young but I haven't heard of half of the groups mentioned. And half of those I have heard of I don't care to listen too.

To each is own.

I'm either too old or too young but I haven't heard of half of the groups mentioned. And half of those I have heard of I don't care to listen too.

To each is own.

Certainly near the top. Nights In White Satin, The Moody Blues, 1967, from Days of Future Passed. 28 million views can't be wrong! :biggrin:

My favorite girl group of the early 1960's. One Fine Day was released in May,1963. Written by Carole King & Gerry Goffin, it soared towards the top of the charts in that glorious summer, before the JFK assassination changed our fairly simple Father Knows Best and Leave it to Beaver world forever.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back