The Brady Bunch Does it Again.

Lowjiber

This morning on the Daily Beast website there was a "news" article about the recent shooting of several LEOs in Utah. (Gun Control Advocates Say Lax Utah Permit Rules Lurk Within Senate Bill - The Daily Beast.

The author quickly turned the tragic incident into another campaign to attack CCW permit laws...particularly in Utah.

Below is my response...posted under the article.

I've legally carried a concealed weapon for over thirty years.

It is still amazing to me how a tragic incident such as the one described in this article can suddenly become a bellwether for the anti-gun folks.

Having read just about everything in print about this tragedy, I failed to see that the shooter was carrying a concealed weapon. I thought he was in his home and was a suspected felon. How on God's Green Earth does that relate to CCW laws in Utah?

The "Brady Bunch" got its start from another tragedy...the attempted assassination of a president and the horrible wounding of Mr. Brady. As much as I sympathize with victims of senseless, cowardly acts such as these, I fail to see a connection to law-abiding citizens.

The Brady Bunch is so removed from reality that their agenda will never become reality. While President Obama promised them to "work under the radar" to remove guns from the hands of all Americans, it simply will not work. We've all heard the "...only criminals will have guns" retort to anti-gun arguments. However, the simple truth is that outlawing guns will only increase the number of criminals (by definition)...count me as a potential "criminal".

If you'd like to see a truly comedic view of the world through rose-colored glasses, simply visit BB's web page regarding carrying concealed weapons: http://www.bradycampaign.org[/COLOR]

So did the shooter have a concealed weapons permit. How many permit holders are out committing crimes with guns. I believe this was a drug bust. And I'm willing to bet that the people involved have been through the criminal system more than once. Does the article say anything about that? Course not, it's all about the evil gun.

However, the simple truth is that outlawing guns will only increase the number of criminals (by definition)...count me as a potential "criminal".
[/COLOR]

Personaly, I think with one statement, you ruined the intent of your entire letter. Up to there you were good. True or not, I think that statement played right into their agenda.

KK

Excuse me while I put on my Resident Expert hat to give my official answer to this article.

The guy is speaking out his colon.

I grew up playing basketball at the church, that is across the street from where it happened and for awhile lived in the 3600 block of Jackson so I believe myself highly qualified to speak about that neighborhood and about Utah in general.

There.... case closed, the author and those that have similar beliefs hate you, they want you to be raped and murdered. I have no other explanation as to why they want you to be helpless. After all, the police saved the young mother in Oklahoma right? No. She was on the phone for 21 minutes with 911 before she had to shoot the perp.

For those that are still wondering what happened, the details are still sketchy. Lots of rumors, very few facts.

Edit
This was apparently Ogdens first officer killed in the line of duty since 1969.

I understand that the perp used an AK-47; since when can anyone conceal one of those?
I am just a little teeny weenie bit over 5' -- can you imagine me concealing an AK-47 under my coat? I am now wondering whether it is easier to hide my dog inside my coat instead...:confused: See my avatar? He's 139.9 lbs at barely 3 years of age.

Hi Mom, With Tucker next to you showing attitude, you could have an RPG under your sweater and no one would pay attention. :):)

CharlieK:257763 said:
I understand that the perp used an AK-47; since when can anyone conceal one of those?

The local news has not verified what he used. In the press they would not answer that question because they were still investigating. But every gun is an AK right?

Just another example of how a gun free zone encourages criminals to commit crimes with guns against unarmed people.

CCW permits

I usually sit by and let people say what they want, but it's time I say what's on my mind. A few anti gun people who know me, would never say, you see easy good laws and he shot a cop.
I have carried a firearm most of my life 34 years of my life and it has been done legally. So if I have carried that long and pulled it twic and fired it once. My question is, now am I going to go shoot someone. The answer in Hell No. Now why is that, I a responsible permit hold and I believe 99.9% are. The other .1% don't own a firearm or afraid of them. We as permit holder have a responsibility to report foolish people with guns. There is a responsibility that we take on when we carry a gun.
When you make a statement about CCW holder ask this question, why do they carry. Most will say protect the police can't be everywhere. If your life was being threaten and CCW could make a difference and safe your life you may think differently. There is a lot that a person would think of before taking s stance too.
I have found no matter what this land does to keep guns out of the wrong hands. These people still get them. I don't feel that will ever change either. Stop and think who had the gun before going off on poor gun laws. I know the state of Utah does a in depth look into criminal back ground and running ones finger through their agency and the FBI. That's why it takes 60 days to get a permit instead of 30 days in my state. I have both. Give the people a break. This is just one mans opinion. I respected your long enough and now has spoke my opinion

I know the state of Utah does a in depth look into criminal back ground and running ones finger through their agency and the FBI. That's why it takes 60 days to get a permit instead of 30 days in my state. I have both. Give the people a break. This is just one mans opinion. I respected your long enough and now has spoke my opinion

I live in Nevada and have a Utah non-resident permit as well. I agree that there is plenty of vetting in Utah before any permit is issued.

Boy these threads go sideways quickly. Very few details have been released.

First of all, it has not been said if he was or was not a permit holder.

Second, what I was told is that after I received my permit the state of Utah does a daily check for arrests or other things that would invalidate my permit. I do not know how that effects non residents.

What details, truth, can't let that get in the way of a good story. The only thing that matters is that it involves a GUN, they are evil and make good people do evil things. End of story.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back