The Boys of Iwo Jima: 6 Boys and 13 Hands

Story removed due to copyright issues. Read the full story here:
http://www.hearttouchers.com/iwojima

-------------------
NOTE: One thing I learned while on tour with my 8th grade students in DC that is not mentioned here is...that if you look at the statue very closely and count the number of 'hands' raising the flag, there are 13. When the man who made the statue was asked why there were 13, he simply said the 13th hand was the hand of God.

The Boys of Iwo Jima
(From the book: Heart Touchers "Life-Changing Stories of Faith, Love, and Laughter)

LIBERTYNEWS: We need to remember that God created this vast and glorious world for us to live in, freely, but also at great sacrifice.

Let us never forget from the Revolutionary War to the current War on Terrorism and all the wars in-between that sacrifice was made for our freedom.

Remember to pray praises for this great country of ours and also pray for those still in murderous unrest around the world.

STOP and thank God for being alive and being free at someone else's sacrifice. God Bless You and God Bless America ...

REMINDER: Everyday that you can wake up free, it's going to be a great day.

Last edited by a moderator:
t hank you Mom, i just learned something. the only one who's name i knew from the picture of the flag raising was Ira Hayes because of the song by Jonny Cash. and you are correct the hand of God is with us in all combat ops every where in the world and i pray he helps and watches over all our young men and women:cray: who serve all around the world for our freedom.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back