The Best Prepper Guns List Must Have Weapons for SHTF

opsspec1991

The Best Prepper Guns List Must Have Weapons for SHTF
By; Pat Henry
The Best Prepper Guns List
As another year draws to a close, I find myself considering a host of issues that I routinely pause to reflect on at the end of each year. Since I started prepping back in 2007, my days to varying degrees are filled with a sense of expectation that wanes or increases with current events and trends. My reason for prepping was and remains to be able to protect my family from disasters whether man-made or natural in origin and it is that goal that causes me to look to the future for warning signs. Some days I see problems just over the horizon and others the risk is further away. The sense of something in our future never leaves but the intensity changes.
If you consider yourself a prepper you may have had similar thoughts. In the beginning there was for me a greater sense of urgency to get ready, but as I have learned and gathered supplies, that urgency has relaxed a good bit. I chalk that up to actually being prepared at some level and the comfort I gain from knowing if something does happen, I have a lot of bases covered already. It seems that I start each year with a reasonable belief that it is all going to tank “this year” only to be sitting at my home at the end of the year with my family safe from any disastrous EMP, a pandemic that ravages the planet or an economic collapse that destroys our wealth and throws everyone into a second great depression. I am not depressed or disappointed in this fact, don’t get me wrong but time passing does have a way of making me recheck my priorities and reevaluate my personal prepping plans.
I think there are 4 key survival concepts that every prepper should work on at all times to place you in the best possible position to survive anything that happens. These are Water, Food, Shelter, and Security. If you have these four bases covered, you will be so much better prepared to survive anything from a flood, hurricane or Global pandemic. We talk about all of these survival concepts, but there is one topic that comes around frequently that generates a substantial amount of debate so I wanted to write an article that focuses on Security.
There are a lot of opinions on firearms as defensive weapons. There are also numerous laws and regulations that govern what you may be able to legally purchase. I believe that all things being equal, the best defensive weapons you can own are firearms and with that I mind I want to discuss what I recommend everyone have if you are considering a firearm as part of your preparedness strategy.
What are the best prepper guns?

Read More: Do It Yourself The Best Prepper Guns List ? Must Have Weapons for SHTF

We talk about all of these survival concepts, but there is one topic that comes around frequently that generates a substantial amount of debate so I wanted to write an article that focuses on Security.
For long term survival, a 22 rifle is good for taking small game. Light weight, and you can store 1000's of rounds without breaking the bank or needing an extra garage to store them in.

For defense, a handgun to carry on you at all times, and a rifle to defend an area.
Primary criteria for both is that you can reliably hit your target. After that criteria, bigger is generally better.
The AR-10 platform seems to be gaining some attention.

A lot of attention needs to be paid to your ammo, however.
Lousy ammo in a good weapon results in mediocre to bad results.
And yes, quantity of ammo is also important, but I think there is another thread for that.

That is a nice assortment of pages on pinterest, but doesn't tell us what YOU think are the must haves.

And we shouldn't confuse this with "what we would like to have."
Some limiting factors are cost, secure place to keep weapons, and a safe place to store ammo.

The original post didn't mention what his limiting factors were,
so the ones i listed included a low cost 22 and, probably high dollar, pistol and rifle.

If he cares enough about this to expound, then we should have a good conversation.
I think we should have a thread on ammo too (and there may already be one).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back