The Best all round handgun

If I lost all my guns and had to start over One at a time, the first one I would buy is a LCR357. I could shoot anything from lightly loaded 38 practice ammo to hot 357 and anything in between. I could carry it in any clothing that I ware. If I were injured I could operate it with only on hand left or right. Maybe not easily but, I could do it. And if nothing else, I could hand it to most people and they could defend us without to much instruction.

Llama small frame 32 acp accurate can shoot each zombie in the head,and yes its a 1911 but specific.
Practically hides under a dollar bill or behind one-with s and B 60 grain jhp 205fpe-13 in penetration,out of 3.2 in barrel this is 3.6.
pix131251645.jpg

6 1/4x41/2/x1

I think the best all round handgun is:

A) The one you're most comfortable with that accomplishes what you need it to do.

B) The one you have at hand when you need to respond to a Felon.

C) A personal choice, even if you have to reload twice to get the results you need.

D) Any old "rock chucker" is better than nothing when you're up against it.

I carry a S&W J-frame 5-shot .38, because I have small hands and, if it takes 10 or 15 rounds, I've got two HKS speed loaders of hollow-points ready to go too.

A well placed 5 round, four inch group, at 25' will stop most anybody, but the extras are there if there's more than one of the buggers!

I recently bought a BodyGuard 380 and sneaky pete holster because, when I carry it, I don't need to wear a coat. The smaller round is not a problem because one loading is 6+1 of them and the extra mag has 6 more rounds. Hitting with the 380 is actually easier than with my J-frame because there's less time to re-target due to lower recoil.

Llama small frame 32 acp accurate can shoot each zombie in the head,and yes its a 1911 but specific. Practically hides under a dollar bill or behind one-with s and B 60 grain jhp 205fpe-13 in penetration,out of 3.2 in barrel this is 3.6.
pix131251645.jpg
6 1/4x43/4/x1
Very nice I have one of these as well.

Just 1 that has to fit any requirement?.... I'd say a Glock 29SF...because there's no M&P 10mm compact haha.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

What do you think is the best all round handgun? If you could only have one.
Do not say 1911, be specific with make model and cal.

Not only for concealed carry for personal defense.
But it must also be able to hold off a pack of zombies.
Smooth and flawless.

like this to start off:

Heckler & Koch HK45 .45auto
Springfield XDm 5.23 comp .45auto
Freedom arms MODEL 97 .45 Colt
Remington 1911r1 Enhanced .45auto

What do you all think?

You seem to have a fetish for the 45ACP.

This is just one of several calibres that depends on the shooter. Too much gun for some. Not enough for others.

If you ask an expert, here meaning a police training instructor, they would probably tell you it is the Glock 17.

For me it would be any 45ACP in the Browning High Power configuration, of which there are 3 that I know of -- Ruger, Sig, and CZ.

I think the best all round handgun is:

A) The one you're most comfortable with that accomplishes what you need it to do.

B) The one you have at hand when you need to respond to a Felon.

C) A personal choice, even if you have to reload twice to get the results you need.

D) Any old "rock chucker" is better than nothing when you're up against it.

I carry a S&W J-frame 5-shot .38, because I have small hands and, if it takes 10 or 15 rounds, I've got two HKS speed loaders of hollow-points ready to go too.

A well placed 5 round, four inch group, at 25' will stop most anybody, but the extras are there if there's more than one of the buggers!

I recently bought a BodyGuard 380 and sneaky pete holster because, when I carry it, I don't need to wear a coat. The smaller round is not a problem because one loading is 6+1 of them and the extra mag has 6 more rounds. Hitting with the 380 is actually easier than with my J-frame because there's less time to re-target due to lower recoil.

Its a lot easier to reload a magazine than a speedloader, especially when you are shaking from incoming gunfire.

You seem to have a fetish for the 45ACP.

This is just one of several calibres that depends on the shooter. Too much gun for some. Not enough for others.

If you ask an expert, here meaning a police training instructor, they would probably tell you it is the Glock 17.

For me it would be any 45ACP in the Browning High Power configuration, of which there are 3 that I know of -- Ruger, Sig, and CZ.

I do like a 45

my current carry
Link Removed
loaded with
Link Removed

The Stoeger Cougar in either 9mm, .40, or .45 has 15 round mags and is a great shooter, eats any ammo.

:dirol:

Any high capacity 9mm would fit this bill. For instance, you could say the Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm or the Glock 17. Both have 17+1 capacity, are concealable if you're serious enough about it, are extremely reliable, easy to clean and maintain, and 9mm is the most plentiful handgun ammunition around (not to mention least expensive). I wouldn't pick any of the 45's as a "doomsday" weapon due to their smaller magazine capacity and the scarcity of ammunition.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back