Thanks for the new pistol, Luke!

decotriumph

You'll remember I was the VERY lucky winner of the first USA Carry giveaway, a Ruger LCP. As luck would have it, shortly after receiving word I'd won, I went to a gun show and test-handled an LCP. They're really small and I have big mitts, so I asked Luke if I could pay the difference and upgrade to an LC9, Ruger's new small 9mm, as it seemed to fit my hand better. He agreed and ordered the pistol from Ruger. Because of some delays due to Ruger's rep that Luke was dealing with being out-of-town and my FFL dealer being away at shooting competitions, it took awhile to actually get the gun. Well, I got it yesterday afternoon. I did a quick wipe-down and went directly to the shooting range and took it for a test drive.

DSC_0135.jpg

I have to say, this is one cool little shootin' iron. It's going to take a little getting used to for a couple of reasons: it has a really long (but not too stiff) trigger pull and it has a heck of a kick. After all, it's pretty light for a 9mm. It shoots very consistently (I was shooting Winchester white box target ammo) and it will be my constant carry weapon. It fits perfectly in an Uncle Mike's size 3 pocket holster, which in turn fits great in my jeans pocket.

DSC_0136.jpg

Thanks Luke!

Hey Alan! Glad your digging the LC9. I'm really liking mine as well. Thanks for being part of the site!

Oh sure rub it in why don't you LOL J/K. Glad you like the firearm, my wife use to make the parts for that gun and they are vary well made. She shipped them out to AZ and they assembled them out there. Now she makes,assembles, packs and ships the Mini 14's, also another outstanding Ruger firearm.

Congrats!

Congratulations for winning. The LC9 is a good choice. Glad to see that Luke was willing to work with you to get it. That is just out right GREAT customer service. I am new to USA Carry, this site is great and everyone here on the forums are knowledgable and quick to be as helpful as they can. I look forward to being a long time reader.

M-

Oh sure rub it it why don't you LOL J/K. Glade you like the firearm, my wife use to make the parts for that gun and they are vary well made. She shipped them out to AZ and they assembled them out there. Now she makes,assembles, packs and ships the Mini 14's, also another outstanding Ruger firearm.

Hey, what's the point in winning something if you can't rub it in! Seriously, though, this is the first thing I've ever won and it sure was a good one! It was worth waiting for. This little gun is perfect for a pocket carry but with enough firepower to be worthwhile.

Congratulations for winning. The LC9 is a good choice. Glad to see that Luke was willing to work with you to get it. That is just out right GREAT customer service. I am new to USA Carry, this site is great and everyone here on the forums are knowledgable and quick to be as helpful as they can. I look forward to being a long time reader.

M-

This is a cool site and has a lot of info. The majority of the forum members seem pretty level-headed and very knowledgable. Luke seems to have struck a good balance as far as having the right topic categories and also on the level of moderation. I'll be around here for a long time.

Congrats on the new firearm and that was really nice of Luke to do that for you. That is awesome.
I have only been here a very short while and I'm really diggin' this site. Hope to get to know more folks on here.
Enjoy that LC9!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back