Thank you to all that are and have served in our milititary

wizard

A heartfelt thanks goes out to all of our deployed troops. Being deployed and being so far away from loved ones is one of the biggest hardships for a young sevice member. I have many memories of my deployments as a Marine. It took me a long time to realize how much I missed my family while deployed, and how much they worried and missed me, I had more to do than worry about family at home. Now having the shoe on the other foot it is quite different. Now I am the one worring about a deployed service member, as I know firsthand what he is headed into. His Mother is worried sick. I asked her if she worried about me this much when I was deployed, yes was all she said. I have told her I would answer any question she has, but I don't know if I should answer them as I should. Anyway, Thank you to all who are and have served our great counry. Semper FI!

Though I know that there will always be conflicts around the world, I feel that I/we let my children down by leaving a conflict that we could have done something about. He arrived last week in Afghanistan, his fourth deployment in the Global War on Terror. My grandson was one of the last to leave Iraq, and his unit is tentatively scheduled to go to Afghanistan next summer.

I have seen my dad cry three times.....at his dad's funeral, at my mom's funeral, and the day I left for the Army.

Thank you all for your service, both those of you who served in the past, and those of you who currently wear the uniform.

A special thank you to all who have served, are serving or have sacrificed there all for our great nation!

Just a new member stopping in to say hi, and say thanks to my fellow Americans that have served. Also, thanks to those here that give us that recognition, it is much appreciated.

Thanks to all my fellow veterans for their service to our country

The price of freedom is paid by service to ones country.
Remember those that have served and those that have paid the ultimate price. This weekend we will bury one fallen hero in Iowa.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back