Textured Duracoat?

AndeyHall

I've got a CRKT Sting knife and the handle is solid metal which I'm afraid could get quite slick if wet or hands were sweaty etc. Does anybody know of a way to texture duracoat or any other type of paint that is more reliable than just a can of spray paint? Open to suggestions.

Well I got the textured duracoat part solved...turns out they have an additive that makes it textured.

But now my question is, if I want to paint the blade also, how could I effectively go about keeping the paint off the tip of the blade?

Well I got the textured duracoat part solved...turns out they have an additive that makes it textured.

But now my question is, if I want to paint the blade also, how could I effectively go about keeping the paint off the tip of the blade?

You could also get the frame blasted before you Duracoat as well. That's a standard step for metal prep but if you upped the grit, it would give you some decent texture. As far as keeping paint off of the tip or edge, it's not really necessary. Just resharpen after you've painted it. If your really worried about it, some pin-striping tape might work.

You could also get the frame blasted before you Duracoat as well. That's a standard step for metal prep but if you upped the grit, it would give you some decent texture. As far as keeping paint off of the tip or edge, it's not really necessary. Just resharpen after you've painted it. If your really worried about it, some pin-striping tape might work.
The last knife I tried to sharpen wound up in the trash, and we don't have any quality knife sharpeners around here. I'm going to try tape so we'll just see how that goes.

Use fine strips of pin-striping tape along the length of the polished section of the blade.

​Sorry jcreek... didn't realize that you made this suggestion already.

Last edited:
Have you thought about colored grip tape for the handle?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
Well I have a 1911 that I've been wanting to paint OD Green, and its frame in front of the grips isn't knurled like most are, so I'm just going to knock out 2 birds with one stone.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back