Texas CHL Fees?

kray9

Gig'em Aggies
I have been researching whether to go with a Texas resident CHL or a Florida non-resident CHL and am not sure about the Texas fees. I am active duty military which would waive the certified course requirement in FL but not in Texas. However, it waives the CHL fees in Texas. So, if I am reading it correctly, in Texas I would simply need to pay for the fingerprinting and the certified course, or am I missing something?

Thank you.

Your cost are:
the certification course,
finger printing (usually included in the course)
and finally the license fee when yuo apply.

Then you pay for a re-certification fee (a shorter course) and new license 5 years later.

Ken

Your cost are:
the certification course,
finger printing (usually included in the course)
and finally the license fee when yuo apply.

Then you pay for a re-certification fee (a shorter course) and new license 5 years later.

Ken

But the rate sheet I linked above says $0.00 application fee for active military...

But the rate sheet I linked above says $0.00 application fee for active military...

You are correct. Active military personnel pay nothing for the actual license fees to the State for original or renewals.

Here is the link to the Tx DPS CHL rate sheet.

Link Removed

Thanks for the replies. Now I just have to figure out if I am going obtain it through Texas as a resident since that is my home of record, or get the non-resident FL CCL.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back