Tell Officer of CCP when pulled over when NOT carrying?

I live in a state that doesn't require a permission slip to conceal or open carry a gun.

How would you react then?

... And, no.. There is no registration of firearms either so how would a cop know if I am armed or not?

Would you just "tell him/her" that your packin heat?
Or is it not even the cops damn business?

That is a different situation than states that require permits, especially when the permit is linked to your drivers license, compounded by must advise laws in the state.

I live in a state that doesn't require a permission slip to conceal or open carry a gun.

How would you react then?

... And, no.. There is no registration of firearms either so how would a cop know if I am armed or not?

Would you just "tell him/her" that your packin heat?
Or is it not even the cops damn business?

Most of the sheeple here would trip over themselves to announce they have a CPL even if they don't have a gun.

Is TX a must notify state?

Yes:

GC §411.205. REQUIREMENT TO DISPLAY LICENSE.
If a license holder is carrying a handgun on or about the license holder’s person when a magistrate or a peace officer demands that the license holder display identification, the license holder shall display both the license holder’s driver’s license or identification certificate issued by the department and the license holder’s handgun license.

And here's the beauty of must notify laws. They do absolutely nothing to make anyone safer. Their only purpose is to provide a means to charge a normally law abiding citizen with a crime. There is no state that has a law that requires a person illegally carrying a handgun to notify a law enforcement that they are doing so because such a law would violate the 5th Amendment.

My 2 cents on the topic - definitely depends on the state and laws in the state. We are not required to tell a policemen we're carrying if pulled over in Indiana. So... if pulled over I don't. If the policeman asked me to get out of my car and was going to frisk me for some reason I would let him/her know that I have a license and am carrying before I got out of the car.

That is a different situation than states that require permits, especially when the permit is linked to your drivers license, compounded by must advise laws in the state.

I have a NC permit as well, and it's state law to inform regardless as to if you're armed or not. Do I agree with it? No, but I'm not going to cause myself more problems or take a ride in the paddy wagon because I didn't inform. The times I've been stopped whether it's speeding or a random license check I hand them my license and CCW and tell them if I do or don't have it on me, and every single time to date the officers are cool about it and send me on my way. I'm sure there are officers out there who will be dicks if they're not informed per the law, but I've never put myself into a position to find out.

I have a NC permit as well, and it's state law to inform regardless as to if you're armed or not.

Where did you get that information from, because it is incorrect. Might want to read the law for yourself. I'll help:

§ 14-415.21. Violations of this Article punishable as an infraction.

(a) A person who has been issued a valid permit who is found to be carrying a concealed handgun without the permit in the person's possession or who fails to disclose to any law enforcement officer that the person holds a valid permit and is carrying a concealed handgun, as required by G.S. 14-415.11, shall be guilty of an infraction and shall be punished in accordance with G.S. 14-3.1. In lieu of paying a fine the person may surrender the permit.

(a1) A person who has been issued a valid permit who is found to be carrying a concealed handgun in violation of subdivision (c)(8) or subsection (c2) of G.S. 14-415.11 shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

(b) A person who violates the provisions of this Article other than as set forth in subsection (a) or (a1) of this section is guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor. (1995, c. 398, s. 1; 2011-268, s. 21(a); 2013-369, s. 16.)

§ 14-415.11. Permit to carry concealed handgun; scope of permit.

(a) Any person who has a concealed handgun permit may carry a concealed handgun unless otherwise specifically prohibited by law. The person shall carry the permit together with valid identification whenever the person is carrying a concealed handgun, shall disclose to any law enforcement officer that the person holds a valid permit and is carrying a concealed handgun when approached or addressed by the officer, and shall display both the permit and the proper identification upon the request of a law enforcement officer. In addition to these requirements, a military permittee whose permit has expired during deployment may carry a concealed handgun during the 90 days following the end of deployment and before the permit is renewed provided the permittee also displays proof of deployment to any law enforcement officer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back