Taurus's Customer Service

boxers.forever

NRA Member
I bought a Taurus PT-99 back around the first of March of this year. It is a stainless steel frame with the black rubber grips. The grips made the gun look cheep but from what I read about Taurus they sounded like a good gun. I like the gun a lot. Shortly after I bought the gun I ordered a set of Rose Wood grips from Taurus. It’s going on 14 weeks now since I ordered them. I call every couple of weeks to get a status of where they are and all I can get is they are on back order and don’t know when they will be in. I will admit that the Taurus pistol I got is a nice gun but Taurus’s customer service isn’t worth a sh?? I even wrote to their President about there customer service dept. and didn’t even get a response. Once they get your money for there product they don’t seem to care about what happens next. If it is taken me this long to get a set of grips how long would it take to get a part for the gun that would keep it from working.

I bought a Taurus PT-99 back around the first of March of this year. It is a stainless steel frame with the black rubber grips. The grips made the gun look cheep but from what I read about Taurus they sounded like a good gun. I like the gun a lot. Shortly after I bought the gun I ordered a set of Rose Wood grips from Taurus. It’s going on 14 weeks now since I ordered them. I call every couple of weeks to get a status of where they are and all I can get is they are on back order and don’t know when they will be in. I will admit that the Taurus pistol I got is a nice gun but Taurus’s customer service isn’t worth a sh?? I even wrote to their President about there customer service dept. and didn’t even get a response. Once they get your money for there product they don’t seem to care about what happens next. If it is taken me this long to get a set of grips how long would it take to get a part for the gun that would keep it from working.

Friends don't let their friends buy a Taurus.

I have a couple of Taurus revolvers. I like the revolvers and they shoot well.

However, I've had to deal with their customer service once, and that was quite enough for me. New gun and was missing a "key" screw / spring for retention of the wheel. The guy acted like he was doing me a major "favor" ... and I told him, I could just return the thing to the dealer, get a refund, and get a S&W. I got what I needed from a gunsmith.

Then I ordered grips , etc. from them.... they came and had the wrong screws with them (took a longer screw). The 4th time someone discussion and mailing of a screw, I finally got a guy who knew what he was talking about and sent me the correct screw.

I've got a Taurus 709 slim that has so far (about 150+ rounds of HP) been great.
I hope if I ever need factory service / repair I get "acceptable" treatment / turn around.

Friends don't let their friends buy a Taurus.

I have 2 Taurus handguns that i have owned since the mid-80's. Both have reliably fired thousands of rounds.

The first one i bought was a model 92, (9mm 15+1) and the second was a model 66 (.357 4" barrel). The model 92 is a Beretta clone, and the model 66 is a Smith clone. (I also have a 30 rd clip for the model 92 :biggrin:)

I had a problem with the trigger return on the model 66 right out of teh box. I returned it to Taurus, and had it back, functioning perfectly, in about 10 days.

All Taurus firearms have lifetime waranty.

YMMV

Alright, I know better than to expect Taurus to have something returned to me in 10 days, but from my experience and that of a friend's, their customer service isn't that bad. 8 or 9 years ago I sold a friend my 1st generation PT140 and not too long after the purchase, the frame cracked. He shipped it to Taurus and he got it back in 4 months or just shy of 4 months, like new. 4 months seemed like a long time to me but it'd be worth it.

Recently my wife got a new 709 "slim". One of the two mags that came with it kept ejecting upon firing. I shipped it to Taurus and had a new one in my mailbox 2 weeks later. I think that was perfectly reasonable. So personally, I have no quams with their service.

...And the "friend don't let friends buy Taurus" is silly. I'll much sooner point my friends to Taurus before giving them the extra couple hundred dollars for a more "premium" firearm. It's been my observation that their guns are getting better and better in quality and time goes on. I still carry my PT140 "pro" sometimes and still enjoy shooting it. It's fired 3000+ rounds without a single hiccup from day 1 and it's even been droppped 3x now. It functions flawlessly - they only complaint is the trigger pull isn't as smooth as I'd ideally like it to be, and the trigger reset is a little long for my taste. But then, firing the 709 "slim" is wonderful... smooth, crisp trigger system, great recoil management... great shooter.

I always carry my PT92 AFS S/S, and own many pistols from the Taurus line. The only one I ever had problems with was a 38 Super that was made during the mad rush to get guns in 2009. I have to say it was a horrible gun, but I have had issues with other pistols in my collection: S&W 22A, Beretta 92FS, etc... All and all I like the Taurus line of pistols and think they are under rated most of the time. As for the grips, I bought a PT99 from 1994 with the wood checkered grips on it, switched them out with the 92 and put a set of Hogue rubber grips on the 99 and sold it. The next time you want grips may I suggest this site: Link Removed I know there not Taurus factory grips but they sure look nice.:biggrin:

I have a PT-99, and I love it. I bought it used, and I've put thousands upon thousands of rounds through it. Never a single issue. I had a Taurus revolver that malfunctioned - the cylinder wouldn't spin. I went through a dealer, but got my gun back within about two weeks. Try asking a dealer the best way to get in touch with them - there may be a support line that they don't advertise to the public, or something that might get you in another door. Hate to hear the horror story about them, though.

I'm not sure how to explane this we have two Taurus 709s and two 738s they work great no problems whatsoever with any of the guns, the 709s do have a long trigger pull, but we have learned to live with it, but after dealing with Taurus cust service concerning extra magazines, and the crappy service we got, has made me decide that if any of the Taurus's screw up they will be gone, I will not deal with Taurus cust service again

I'm not sure how to explane this we have two Taurus 709s and two 738s they work great no problems whatsoever with any of the guns, the 709s do have a long trigger pull, but we have learned to live with it, but after dealing with Taurus cust service concerning extra magazines, and the crappy service we got, has made me decide that if any of the Taurus's screw up they will be gone, I will not deal with Taurus cust service again

If you have anymore problems, just take the gun to a local gunsmith. Not that expensive and you'd be amazed at what kind of work they can do. I've never had a problem with any Taurus, but if I did I would have it corrected because I like mine too much to get rid of them. I once had a problem with the cylinder not rotating, but it was due to shooting a bunch of real dirty ammo, a shot of Rem Oil ended the problem.

...a shot of Rem Oil ended the problem.

Now THAT's my kind of fix!

ROCKETGEEZER > sorry you had such a bad experience with 'em. I hope that if I ever have to deal with 'em again I'll have the same good fortune I did the 1st time (and only) I dealt with 'em.

This is such a coincidence, I have an early model PT 101 in 40 caliber. I have been using this particular firearm for some rugged trail interdiction work for some years now. Sometime during the last 6 months the adjustable rear sight frame pin fell out. I called the Taurus website spoke to a pleasant person in customer service and she recomended I send the whole sight assembly in for inspection and they would send it back with the missing pin.

That was 3 months ago, I called several times and was finally told I would have to to purchase a new rear sight from an aftermarket source, as they did not have one in stock. I must admit that I knew better than to send the sight assembly back when all I needed was the sight/frame retention pin, at least the last customer service rep had the nerve to tell me the truth. so if there is anyone out there with a rear adjustable sight assembly for an old reliable PT 101 40 cal. let me know.

I have a PT-945 that I haven't been able to carry since the Carter administration because I lost one of a set of grip screws and no gun shop on planet earth seems to be able to get them in stock, or even order them, and Taurus customer service is non-existent as far as I can tell.

Sure Tauruses have lifetime warranties. No one would ever buy one otherwise, but a warranty is only as good as the company backing it.

For every firearm manufacturer there is a horror story about customer service. This is overhead and when it comes to firearms there are liability issues up the kazoo. Following several forums, I cannot think of any manufacturer where a thread has not been written about some kind of concern about the firearm or the repair record or the time it takes. This seems to also go with expected or quoted times for custom holsters vs the actual time it takes. Patience is a virtue. If you are lucky they got it right the first time.

IF your perfect gun is a hi-point you are an idiot. I know you were just trolling so i thought i would join you.

I have a PT-945 that I haven't been able to carry since the Carter administration because I lost one of a set of grip screws and no gun shop on planet earth seems to be able to get them in stock, or even order them, and Taurus customer service is non-existent as far as I can tell.

Sure Tauruses have lifetime warranties. No one would ever buy one otherwise, but a warranty is only as good as the company backing it.

Try this website out. They have a lot of old and new gun parts
Numrich Gun Parts Corporation

I bought a Taurus .357 in the mid 80's and had trouble with it right from the start. I sent it back under their "lifetime warranty" and weeks passed with no gun and could not get any kind of a status on it. I finally did get it back and it had the same trouble. My dealer that I purchased it from called them and told them that he was sending it back again for the same issue and if it came back again not repaired he was going to buy it back from me and nail it to a 4x8 sheet of plywood and display it at every gun show to advise everyone of their lousy product and service. Amazingly it was repaired properly in a very timely manner.

Now THAT's my kind of fix!

ROCKETGEEZER > sorry you had such a bad experience with 'em. I hope that if I ever have to deal with 'em again I'll have the same good fortune I did the 1st time (and only) I dealt with 'em.

What really had me fired up was when they took the money from my credit card and still no mags, and even though I like the guns, if they ever screw up so that I can not straiten out myself, the gun will be traded or sold, or if I'm pissed enough I will tack it up at the range and shoot it, I absolutly WILL NOT deal with taurus cust service,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back