Taurus firearma

I own the Taurus pt111 g2 in 9mm, I have personally never had a problem with it and has such little recoil. it has been my summer carry for a while now.

Name one police dept that uses Taurus? Name one branch of military, any military?

I own a Taurus, but i would not use it to defend lives with it. It has not earned that level of trust, not with me.

You guys that love Taurus, good for you. More Smiths, Glocks, and Rugers to go my way.

That's a bit harsh. While not what most would choose as their first choice, if they have been properly vetted, they can be a reliable arm for those on a budget. I have a couple that have given reliable service through the years, and the only broken parts were caused by the operator. While I don't carry them, choosing ruger, smith, or sigs first, I have no worries when my wife puts her Taurus snubbie in her purse. And if I didn't have my preferred weapons available, I wouldn't hesitate to pick up one to defend my family. Bottom line; maybe not the best, but better than some and much better than nothing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using USA Carry mobile app

Carry for protection of self and family is harsh. It is not like picking a Zebco 303 to go fishing or buying a zippo lighter to light the fireplace.

Does any LEO use Taurus? Not to my knowledge.

We have two catagories, YES, LEOs use a certain brand or NO, they dont.

Smith, Kimber, Glock, Rugar, etc go into the YES category. Bryco, HiPoint, Taurus, Lama, Jennings, Herritage, etc go into the NO catagory.

I own a stainless 922 with two cylinders. It was some fishing magazines gun of the year for 2012. The regular cylindar turns smoothly. The mag cylindar turns like someone has the brakes applied.

I sometimes use this gun in class so students can load and unload orange safety ammo. One student was trying to open the cylinder and was pushing the release on the cylindar at the same time pushing the cylinder remove button and the cylinder flew 6 feet across the floor. That was a first in my classroom. I was not aware it could launch that way with both buttons pushed at once.

Would i use that Taurus for a defence weapon, a gun of the year (lol) NO, not hardly. Would i take it to plink with? Sure, that is what it was made for, that is what i purchased it for, and that is what the silly award was awarded for.

Keep guns and use guns for their intended purpose and the world spins as it should.

Is that harsh? No that is prudent use of resources.

Okay, even though this is an older post - I own the following Taurus firearms, in addition to the other firearms I own:

Taurus PT-92 APS (9mm)
Taurus PT-709 Slim (9mm)
Taurus PT-738 (.380)
Taurus PT-22 PLY (.22)

Haven't had a bit of trouble from any of them. They all shoot straight and cycle well. I also own S&W products, and I can honestly say I prefer my Taurus carry pieces.

HowdyG20,

Carry for protection of self and family is harsh. It is not like picking a Zebco 303 to go fishing or buying a zippo lighter to light the fireplace.

Does any LEO use Taurus? Not to my knowledge.

We have two catagories, YES, LEOs use a certain brand or NO, they dont.

Smith, Kimber, Glock, Rugar, etc go into the YES category. Bryco, HiPoint, Taurus, Lama, Jennings, Herritage, etc go into the NO catagory.

Would i use that Taurus for a defence weapon, a gun of the year (lol) NO, not hardly. Would i take it to plink with? Sure, that is what it was made for, that is what i purchased it for, and that is what the silly award was awarded for.

Keep guns and use guns for their intended purpose

As an owner of Glocks, S&W, Ruger, Browning, Taurus, Jennings, Walther, AMT, and a couple of other handguns I disagree.

I have a Taurus PT 845 .45acp and it is as well made as any of the handguns you have listed in the "Yes" category and difinetly does NOT belong in the "No" category.

Except for my 200gr LSWC load it has fired +1,500 rounds downrange without a hiccup. This includes everything from my crappy 230gr LRN reloads to steel cased, to Rem Golden Sabres to early 90's era Hydra-Shok and Win 230gr JHPs. Heck, I even fired a couple of rounds loaded with a 300gr JHP and a mag full of 255gr LFP without a hiccup.

Is it a Bull's Eye pistol? By no means but unless you are one in 20% of the best pistol shots in the world it were be more accurate than you especially considering it's a combat/SD pistol.

With Win white box 230gr FMJ it will shoot a 3"ish group at 20yds which is plenty good for SD/HD.

Would I carry it for SD? Yes. It's my truck gun and I carry it everyday that I work and carry it while running errands after work and have never once said to myself while carrying it "I wish I would have brought a better gun."

Paul

Howdy back! Police departments, State Patrols, Military's, shoot billions of rounds a year in training, and real world shooting, and while I do think almost any gun will ignite ammo, only a certain % of the guns made are thought to be service grade weapons.

Can a few dollars be saved with some guns? Yes. Can a few features be found on some guns, maybe not offered on others? yes. However, while the tide will float all boats, all boats are not made equally.

I keep wrestling with wanting a Taurus Raging Judge. I really want one. Something keeps repeating my own advice back to myself. I would not use it for EDC, but I try to not purchase guns, I feel, I could not use for self defense.

No. The lifetime warranty is not on the original owner; IT IS ON THE GUN ITSELF! Any Taurus® handgun manufactured in 1977 or later; has the lifetime warranty. You could buy a used Taurus, and be the 50th owner, and the gun still has the lifetime warranty. Name another handgun manufacturer that warrants the product and not just the original owner! Hell, Ruger® doesn't even off ANY WARRANTY on their firearms.
HighPoint for one.....

Hey nra guy..... ever hear of the country called Brazil??? might want to look into that and see how many of their cops use Taurus firearms, not to mention their military... Also, wanting to carry a raging bull for self defense wouldnt be a very good choice to begin with... WAYYYYYYYY too heavy and ammo choice for over 5 ft away is dismal..... they do however, make great car/truck guns...

Gun snobs are idiots....

Only Taurus I own is a TCP 738 that I sometimes carry as a BUG. No problems until ejector broke a couple of months ago (advert about 3.5 years of ownership). Sent home to Miami and came back repaired about 3 weeks later. Fired last Friday with no problems. The process of sending back is a bit of a hassle, but I guess you have to live with that for the lifetime warranty.

To add to this discussion: Since my previous post - a couple weeks after it - when firing the pistol, the barrel broke in the lug area. Called Taurus and they sent a new barrel when they received the broken one (well, it took quite a while - they claimed they were out of stock). Installed new barrel and the pistol would not cycle - the barrel would not fully drop out of the ejection port to allow the slide to continue backward - to fully cycle. Of course, I did not have the original barrel for comparison purposes because it had to be sent back. I called and they offered to send another barrel - same deal - but I preferred to send the pistol back again so I can hopefully get something back that works. It has been there for about a month with no resolution so far.

I have known two people (including me) who have had the TCP. My friend's was problematic from the start and they had to send him a new one once. Mine was reliable for about 3 years (he fired his much more than I did) but it has not been operational since July. It costs about 40$ to return it for warranty service each time. So, sending it twice and a barrel once cost me $90-100 - probably more than I could get for it. Thankfully I do not rely on having this pistol available - it is never my primary carry.

But once it returns or is replaced, it will be traded for whatever I can get for it - likely on the purchase of a G42.

Hey nra guy..... ever hear of the country called Brazil??? might want to look into that and see how many of their cops use Taurus firearms, not to mention their military... Also, wanting to carry a raging bull for self defense wouldnt be a very good choice to begin with... WAYYYYYYYY too heavy and ammo choice for over 5 ft away is dismal..... they do however, make great car/truck guns...

Gun snobs are idiots....

Third world countries have third world problems and third world solutions. At one time, firearms were a top export in Brazil. Not sure who they are selling them to, not us gun snobs. Lol

I own one Tarsus revolver. A 922 with two cylinders. One of the few double action revolvers with .22 and .22mag. The workmanship is not stone age, but it is not swiss maker maker quality eithor.

For myself, and EDC, i need a pistol that can take anything and it still works. Very few guns do that. For collecting, i need guns i can park in my safe and they go up in value every year. I have little use for cheap made guns that sometimes shoot.

Howdy N R A,

. For collecting, i need guns i can park in my safe and they go up in value every year. I have little use for cheap made guns that sometimes shoot.

What gun would that be?

Just curious.

Besides, guns are poor investments. Sure you could buy a limited edition of something and 30 years later you MIGHT be able to make a little money off of it.

A smarter move would be a T-bill or even a CD that pays 1% APR.

Paul

Howdy N R A,

What gun would that be?

Just curious.

Besides, guns are poor investments. Sure you could buy a limited edition of something and 30 years later you MIGHT be able to make a little money off of it.

A smarter move would be a T-bill or even a CD that pays 1% APR.

Paul

All investments are not what Buffet would call an investment. If something holds its value well, or holds a pretty good hold on value while being fun to collect, that is good enough.

I traded a Winchester i had 200 dollars in, twenty years later, for a gun valued at 2000 dollars and 1000 rounds of ammo. Some guns you can do thst with, some guns you cannot.

Howdy N R A,

All investments are not what Buffet would call an investment. If something holds its value well, or holds a pretty good hold on value while being fun to collect, that is good enough.

I traded a Winchester i had 200 dollars in, twenty years later, for a gun valued at 2000 dollars and 1000 rounds of ammo. Some guns you can do thst with, some guns you cannot.

With your "trade" you either took advantage of an unwitting seller or an unwitting buyer or both.

20 years later a $200.00 Winchester does NOT became worth $2,000.00.

Like I said, guns are bad investments. Can a person make a profit off of buying and selling guns? Sure you can. But if in 1994 you bought a ........just for an example a Glock pistol from your LGS for $400.00 and never fired it today it would be worth about $400.00.

A couple of days before the Brady Bill took effect I bought 2 Glock 17 pistols at Walmart on closeout and paid $700.00 for bought pistols including tax. The next weekend after the Brady Bill took effect I sold both of them for a total of $1,350.00 while standing in line to enter the Dallas Market Hall gunshow.

I took the $1,350.00 and bought 3 Ruger Mini-14 at a chain sporting goods store and sold them a couple of weeks later at the Big Town gunshow for a total of over $1,900.00.

Between the original purchase of the two Glock pistols and the Nov. '96 election I turned my original "investment" of $700.00 into over $25,000.00 profit by buy guns at retail or gunshow prices and reselling them to people who were sure that Clinton would lose the '96 election and instead of leaving office would declare Martial Law and have UN troops from Muslin nations with black helicopters take away everyone's guns. ( yeah, we know how that turned out ).

So, yes you can make money wheelin' & dealin' in guns but they are a bad investment. A CD drawing 1% APR is a better bet.

Paul

I now take back most of anything negative I may have said about Taurus Semi's.
I recently purchased a Taurus PT92 9mm in SS. Took this beaut to the range this am.
Ran a box of factory FMJ, a box of reload FMJ, & 20 rounds of reload JHP. Not one issue.
The fit & finish are excellent. It is every bit as good looking as the Beretta. I actually
like the safety/decocker better on the frame.

Mea Culpa...Mea Culpa...Mea Culpa.

Second time out today. Ran another 150 rounds through it with NOT ONE ISSUE.

Here's a better deal than I got.

.Link Removed

No. The lifetime warranty is not on the original owner; IT IS ON THE GUN ITSELF! Any Taurus® handgun manufactured in 1977 or later; has the lifetime warranty. You could buy a used Taurus, and be the 50th owner, and the gun still has the lifetime warranty. Name another handgun manufacturer that warrants the product and not just the original owner! Hell, Ruger® doesn't even off ANY WARRANTY on their firearms.

I'm hearing this a lot. A great many Taurus owners are quick to point out how the warranty exceeds most other manufacturers. If a warranty is that important to you on a firearm, simply buy from your local dealer through Davidson's. You will get a Lifetime Free REPLACEMENT Warranty with ANY gun you purchase from them...... Regardless of brand. It doesn't matter if it's a $150.00 Marlin .22, or a $4,500.00 Bushmaster BA-50. Or anything in between. If they carry it, you automatically get the warranty.

I've use it on a Ruger Mark II .22 pistol. (They almost never break). I went to the range, and after about 80 rounds the trigger wouldn't reset. I called my local dealer I purchased it from, and he told me to bring it in right away with the box and all of the paperwork. By the time I got there he had already called Davidson's, and they were in the process of sending out a new gun. The next day I had a brand new gun in my hand. Anywhere else, and I would have waited weeks for what amounts to a broken, and repaired gun. No other distributor offers that kind of warranty. It's no different than a Craftsman Tool.

I try to purchase every gun I buy through them. Another advantage is by using the "Gun Genie", you can shop on line for the best price from all participating dealers in your area, from the comfort of your home. Just click on the amount of miles in a radius from your Zip Code you wish to travel, and they'll all show up. Then just click to purchase it. When it comes in the dealer will call you, (usually within 2 days), and simply go in, fill out the paperwork, and walk out with your brand new weapon. Just like at any other gun shop. When I purchased my Bushmaster .50 BMG Rifle a few years back, I for sure went with Davidson's. I not only got the best price, I have the peace of mind if anything at all should go wrong, a brand new rifle is just a phone call away. When you've got almost $5K tied up in a gun, that's a very comforting thing to have...... Especially when you know it's for as long as you own it.

Has anyone had any experiance with it. Ive read a lot of mix reviews on the company in general but looking into them for my first pistol. Looking at a 1911 and a 24/7 for my conceal carry

Sent from my SM-G900V using USA Carry mobile app

I've owned several Taurus handguns and haven't a serious issue with doing so. I've owned their PT 1911AR for 4 or so years and it has functioned great. The only issue I've had was with Taurus magazines, I prefer Chip McCormick mags.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back