Taurus firearma

Mulford07

Has anyone had any experiance with it. Ive read a lot of mix reviews on the company in general but looking into them for my first pistol. Looking at a 1911 and a 24/7 for my conceal carry

Sent from my SM-G900V using USA Carry mobile app

I have two 24/7 Pro C's. (45acp & 40sw) I bought them about 5yrs ago as EDC's for my wife & I because I couldn't afford two more expensive firearms and I wanted something bigger than a 38sp & 380acp. Since then, I've had opportunity to shoot & buy almost every main CC firearm out there. But, I'm completely happy with my 24/7's.

I suggest going over to Taurus Firearms Forum - TaurusArmed.net. You can get all the information you need on any Taurus you're considering. I wouldn't listen to the haters & snobs out there. I didn't want a Taurus. But, I'm glad I bought my two. I bought a couple of great EDC's and I saved a lot of $$$ that can be spent on ammo.

-
-

I've had some Taurus revolvers that worked fine for the price.
No real comment on the semi's.

A friend of mine has a 85 that was getting light strikes. Sent it in on
07/03. Told her it would be 6-8 weeks. If their repair system is that
backed up, I would be hesitant to buy another.

You would be better off saving a bit & getiting a Rem R1, or maybe a Ruger.
Not all that much more $$, & a better choice for an entry level 1911.

I've got a Taurus wheel in .357 Mod 65B4. Never an issue. Don't own any 1911's by them. I do highly recommend Springfield Armory 1911's. (Best 1911 Handguns | Top .45 Caliber Guns for Sale) Been around for a long long time and have a killer rep. Pun intended. Most are extremely reasonable on the market.
I actually wanted a Colt but upon reviewing comments and especially the pricing, SFA is the way to go. At least for me. Almost half of a Colt or Kimber price. Have a M1 by them. General George S. Patton referred to the M1 Garand design as "the greatest implement of battle ever devised." Now granted that was years ago but it's still true today.

My two sons HAD the 24/7 obtained about a year apart. They BOTH had problems with either double or triple shots with only one pull of the trigger. Very unnerving. Both guns had under 500 rounds through them. I don't have any faith in the Taurus semi-autos.

As you can see from the comments, some have problems and some have not. Instead of focusing on the manufacturer itself, focus on the gun you have in mind. Every manufacturer can screw up and some have done so in the past. As tcox4freedom already mentioned, the Taurus Firearms Forum at TaurusArmed.net is a good source of information to figure out if there are any reported problems with the Taurus firearms you are looking at. Here is a review of the Taurus 24/7 G2 .45 ACP.

As mappow already pointed out, Springfield Armory has excellent 1911 models. My personal favorite is the Range Officer.

Since you are looking at a 1911 or a 24/7 for conceal carry, understand the significant difference in mode of action.

Right 24/7 would be my conceal but the 1911 more for a range toy

Sent from my SM-G900V using USA Carry mobile app

Just be aware that the Taurus semi-auto pistols have the Heine sights on them, most if not all models. It's a whole new ball game learning to hit anything using that sight because the sight pattern is so different.

I have eleven Taurus® revolvers.............
• Mdl 85B2CH 38 Special - 1994
• Mdl 669SS4CP 357 Magnum - 1996
• Mdl 85B2 38 Special - 1997
• Mdl 617SS2 357 Magnum - 2003
• Mdl 605SS3 357 Magnum - 2006
• Mdl 85SS2UL 38 Special - 2007
• Mdl 605SS2 357 Magnum - 2010
• Mdl 605SS2 357 Magnum - 2012
• Mdl 425SS2 41 Magnum - 2012
• Mdl 85SS2UL 38 Special - 2012
• Mdl 992B4 22lr/22Mag - 2013

All have performed superbly and I continue to shoot them all almost every week.

I have only encountered two problems.........
• Mdl 85B2CH broke a firing pin after 11,000+ rounds. I replaced the firing pin & it's still going strong.
I have zero complaints with Taurus® customer service. The one time I had to send a gun in they fixed and returned it when they said they would. Specifically.....................
• Mdl 617 developed excessive cylinder to forcing cone gap (.011") after almost 6,000 rounds. I sent it to Taurus® and they replaced the cylinder and adjusted the crane and yoke. I've since put 2,000+ rounds through it and it's still going strong.

I will not hesitate to buy additional Taurus® revolvers.
They are an outstanding value.
[B]www.taurusarmed.net[/B]

I have an old M85 .38 Spcl 1995 vintage, a new model 617 with better lockup than my Performance Center M627, and a PT92 I shoot better than my Beretta collection. You are correct: they are a great value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had several Taurus's, we still have two 738s we keep for bugs, absolutely no issues with them, also have had a melleium, two 709s, and a 1911, all worked fine, only issue I ever had with Taurus was with cust service, needed a couple of mags once, when the 709s were new and mags were not available in shops yet, called Taurus and they were very pricey, like $40 per, ordered two took 7-8 weeks to get them after they charged my card, also another time I call cust service to ask about trigger parts, and got a run around, so from then on if I aqiured a Taurus and it worked great I kept it, if not it got traded, so I guess Taurus are decent guns but cust service absolutely sucks

The only Taurus I own is a Judge that I bought new about 5 years ago. Haven't shot it a lot, but it has been reliable and it seems to be well made; the fit, finish and and other quality indicators pass my humble test just fine.

I don't recall what the Taurus warranty period is. Is it a lifetime warranty for the original owner?

Only Taurus I own is a TCP 738 that I sometimes carry as a BUG. No problems until ejector broke a couple of months ago (advert about 3.5 years of ownership). Sent home to Miami and came back repaired about 3 weeks later. Fired last Friday with no problems. The process of sending back is a bit of a hassle, but I guess you have to live with that for the lifetime warranty.

They are not as well belt as a glock, Springfield, or smith M&P. I worked at a gun store and I probably sent 1/4 of them back that went out the door. Never sent one of the above listed back.
Reason cops and military can't carry them, don't meet reliability standards.
Spend like $60 extra and get yourself something that's been through rigorous testing

Howdy,

Just be aware that the Taurus semi-auto pistols have the Heine sights on them, most if not all models. It's a whole new ball game learning to hit anything using that sight because the sight pattern is so different.

I have a Taurus PT 845 .45acp and I love the Heine sights. It's my work truck carry gun and I've shot about 1,500rds through it without a hiccup except it doesn't like my favorite 200gr LSWC load or any LSWC bullet. It shoots any thing that you can stuff into the mag except for a LSWC bullet. The extracted case hangs up on the shoulder of the LSWC. This sucks because I have over 4,000 loaded rounds with a 200gr LSWC. Lately I've either shot steel case Tula ( I'm too lazy to reload ) or a 230gr LRN w/ Universal power.

The gun functions great is very accurate but does shot slightly to the right, about 2" at 35yds. No, it's not me, it's the gun, and I cannot get the sights' set screws to break loose.

Other than that I have ZERO complaints about the Taurus.

Paul

I bought a PT111/G2(9mm) around the time you posted this. I've put maybe 500 rds through it with two FTF's along the way. Both FTF's were steel cased Monarch ammo(maybe a coincidence), but never a problem with any brand of brass cased ammo. Full disclosure...my Sig 2022 has never had a FTF using Monarch steel cased. I'm not knocking the PT111, in fact I really like it....the difference could be that it's a compact internal hammer-fired gun whereas the 2022 is full-size hammer-fired.

My impression of the 111 is very high. It's the only Taurus I've ever handled, so I can't speak to the 1911 or 24/7. However, I consider my Sig a good benchmark to compare in terms of build quality, handling, & accuracy. The 111 hits on all marks. I don't know if you're even considering a compact, but everything I've mentioned plus 12rd capacity & incredible price has made me a huge fan.

Jeff

Last edited:
The only Taurus I own is a Judge that I bought new about 5 years ago. Haven't shot it a lot, but it has been reliable and it seems to be well made; the fit, finish and and other quality indicators pass my humble test just fine.

I don't recall what the Taurus warranty period is. Is it a lifetime warranty for the original owner?
No. The lifetime warranty is not on the original owner; IT IS ON THE GUN ITSELF! Any Taurus® handgun manufactured in 1977 or later; has the lifetime warranty. You could buy a used Taurus, and be the 50th owner, and the gun still has the lifetime warranty. Name another handgun manufacturer that warrants the product and not just the original owner! Hell, Ruger® doesn't even off ANY WARRANTY on their firearms.

I would also recommend the PT 145 MILLENIUM PRO.... it's like taurus knew that I would be born one day and created this gun for me....The millenium pro is 10 +1, but from what I understand you can also use the 24/7 mags with this weapon. So that's makes it 12+1 of .45 caliber compact. I haven't had a single issue. It eats everything, accurate, and there's the lifetime. I highly recommend this for the price and quality especially if your preferred caliber is .45.

In spite of the dire experiences of other Taurus owners, I've had 5 and have 3. All were solid and reliable. The only problem I've ever had was a broken extractor caused by operator error.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using USA Carry mobile app

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back