tactical pen!

You could check out eskrima, which is a Filipino martial art using sticks of all sizes.

Or just throw it at them and hope for the best!! =]

Has anyone gotten these things past airport security? It looks to me like Security would confiscate them immediately. It's sure not like they don't know what they really are.
It went through in my carry-on and also at the courthouse in my briefcase.

Interestingly enough, this month's Concealed Carry Magazine has an article on page 32, Carry It, Click It, Clean It under the Real World Carry Gear tab. It discusses the Precision Press tactical pen and down the article it mentions a DVD of training from Michael Janich, "Focused Impact; Vol 1". I found Michael on You-Tube as well, he is under Stay Safe Media. Not as long as his DVD, but it isn't just a marketing ploy either; he demonstrates some techniques and you can see if you like it or not. Hope this helps.
I have Michael's DVD (in fact, I have most of his DVDs). I highly recommend it. He shows three different grips for the pen and when each grip is most appropriate. For those who dismiss the pen as a "last resort", I think it is more that that, but even if you are correct, a last resort is better than no resort at all. :smile:

Also, if you want a durable pen that isn't "tactical", check out the stainless steel Zebra pen on Amazon.

discrete pen

Good advice "Professor" I think I'll try one of these discrete pens. Our university policies are very restrictive, even to the point of targeting any knives.

"Professor noted: Also, if you want a durable pen that isn't "tactical", check out the stainless steel Zebra pen on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

You will like it. I teach a self-protection class for a small group of interested faculty and I bought each of them a Zebra pen as a reward for consistent attendance. That was about a year ago and I notice they all still carry the pens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back