tactical pen!

hogsrus146

Just purchased a tactical pen! Very cool! Any one have any training suggestions?

Hogsrus146 - My friend, I guess there are just too many funny answers. Training with a tactical pen? Those are really for places you can't take a weapon and are the ultimate "last resort" option IMHO. Stabbing is about your only option when somebody has gotten their hands on you. Make sure you can get to it with either hand.

Good Luck.

Just purchased a tactical pen! Very cool! Any one have any training suggestions?

I carry one at work since university rules prohibit pretty much everything (not to say I carry nothing). Good as a last resort - better than nothing and St least some element of surprise.

Hogsrus146 - My friend, I guess there are just too many funny answers. Training with a tactical pen? Those are really for places you can't take a weapon and are the ultimate "last resort" option IMHO. Stabbing is about your only option when somebody has gotten their hands on you. Make sure you can get to it with either hand.

Good Luck.

I disagree. Take hapkido lessons or another form of martial arts. You most certainly have options after someone has their hands on u. Tactical pen is truly last resort when u are on the ground in a place u cant carry.

Its a LOT better than nothing. I have a tac pen and several kubatons. I am generally carrying one of them. Standard kubaton techniques are easy to find on the web and work well for both.

Use for areas with restrictions (airports, theaters, etc.). Can be used for a force multiplier in joint locks or just taken and pounded into the person showing aggression to you.

If you can get this thru a metal detector then you can use it like any blade to the eyes.

So just practice sticking something like a melon over and over again with it.

A melon is about the same consistency as eyeballs.

Otherwise if you are not going thru a metal detector, then any flip-open pocket jack knife is much better. You would never need both. Never go anywhere without a knife. Rule #1.

Use for areas with restrictions (airports, theaters, etc.). Can be used for a force multiplier in joint locks or just taken and pounded into the person showing aggression to you.

I would not call it a "force mulitplier" because all it does is take the place of your fingers. You can eye gouge anyone at any time without such a device.

A force multiplier is typically a magazine fed firearm.

I disagree. Take hapkido lessons or another form of martial arts. You most certainly have options after someone has their hands on u. Tactical pen is truly last resort when u are on the ground in a place u cant carry.

Bruce Lee pointed out many times in his writings that if you are already on the ground then you have let your opponent get too close and you have thus violated the principle of "interval."

You should poke out someone's eyes long before they ever get you on the ground, while they are still at arms' length.

Don't let them get that close...

Arms' length is the final distance at which you should surely begin your counter attack.

Eye gouging and toe stomping are most effective at this distance, as you yourself then back away and re-establish a larger safer interval.

Just keep it in mind that plucking someone's eyes out will probably get you maiming charges. Not recommended for road ragers

Just keep it in mind that plucking someone's eyes out will probably get you maiming charges. Not recommended for road ragers

If you are worried about being charged with a crime during self defense, then you absolutely need to avoid all bars.

That's where most of the sh!t happens.

For an airline trip, a tactical pen might best fit in your carry-on where it is most likely to miss observation.

Then you can clip it back into your pocket on the plane.

If hijackers then grab your plane, a tactical pen is better than nothing, although they will probably have boxcutters from up their wazoos again anyway.

You can use the tac pen like a tomahawk in your fist. The difference is you don't need to hide it up your wazoo.

Hijackers used to grab planes and then let everybody go.

Now they crash them into buildings instead, allah akbar.

So you are signing your own death warrant now if you don't fight back against hijackers yourself.

A tactical pen is better than nothing.

walmart has a gift pack with a tactical pen, assisted opening knife and a light (worthless) for $20. Kershaw makes them. Pretty good deal that I wanted to pass on to yall.

I would not call it a "force mulitplier" because all it does is take the place of your fingers. You can eye gouge anyone at any time without such a device.

A force multiplier is typically a magazine fed firearm.
Wrong. A force multiplier is any object that allows you to deal more force than you would normally be able to using conventional means.
By shoobs reasoning, a gun would just be taking the place of your fists. I would recommend a kuboton rather than a tactical pen. No moving or removable parts makes it many times stronger. Seen them for as little as $8, our dojo sells them for $10. I hope nobody actually ever listened to him. Don't poke eyes out. Deal a disabling blow and then leave ASAP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back