T Minus 3 days.......

KimberPB

Come this time Saturday I should be very close if not at KimberRB's place in Ohio for a much needed week of vacation. We already have a coyote hunt planed and will probably visit every gun shop in northern Ohio, which will leave me basically broke. I spoke to my cousin last night and he wants to take me out coyote hunting also. So it's basically going to be a week long shooting fest! Can anyone think of a better vacation???

Now the big decision...... which guns to take with me.... Hmmmmm......

Any suggestions on what to use on the Coyote?

I'm thinking one of the following:
Savage 10FP .308.... Kinda over kill
AR15 with an EOTech - I know I can hit a 12"x12" steel plate at 200 yard 9 out 10 shots.
Marlin 1894 cowboy in .357 mag - I'd have to probably be inside 150 yard with this one.
PS90 - just because I'd like to see the affects of the 5.7 round.

You didnt say what part of OH you are heading to so I assume you will come up I75 for no better reason to stop at Buds in Lexington KY.
Get off at the Walton KY exit & turn right. Go one mile to US 25 & turn left. Go another 1/2mile & stop in at the butcher shop for lunch (I am drawing a blank as to the name at the moment I am ashamed to say). You will be treated to some down home KY cooking that is delicious & you will be surprised at how cheap it is too. You are also as likely as not to run into me there.
I call there abouts home.
Continue your trek North & when you cross the river into Cincinnati & you will see why I CCW.

For shooting yotes anything will do. I used to use a Ruger #1 in 22-250 to actively hunt them. Now I have a fair sized piece of acreage & they are nothing but pests to be shot on site.
To accomplish that I have used everything from a 22LR to a 12GA shotgun but keep a SKS loaded with a 30rd clip for them running shots :biggrin:

You didnt say what part of OH you are heading to so I assume you will come up I75 for no better reason to stop at Buds in Lexington KY.
Get off at the Walton KY exit & turn right. Go one mile to US 25 & turn left. Go another 1/2mile & stop in at the butcher shop for lunch (I am drawing a blank as to the name at the moment I am ashamed to say). You will be treated to some down home KY cooking that is delicious & you will be surprised at how cheap it is too. You are also as likely as not to run into me there.
I call there abouts home.
Continue your trek North & when you cross the river into Cincinnati & you will see why I CCW.

Thanks Boomer! I may just have to stop in. I should be up that way around dinner time Saturday and will probably be ready for a break. What time are both places open till?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back