Survival Long-gun

Gettysburg Bill

Gettysburg Bill
You know what they say about handguns?

A hand gun is what you use to fight your way to a long gun.

What would or will you use, in a survival mode, to defend your home?

SIG556

Welcome to the site Bill.

This is mine:

Link Removed

Wanted to ask you what you think of that iTAC Defense vert. foregrip/laser/flashlight? It's a great idea, just wanted to know how well they implemented it. I've held one in my hands at a gun show, but the seller there was asking above MSRP for it, and I just haven't had the gumption to buy one without hearing at least one or two first-hand accounts of how durable and/or useful they are. What's your opinion of them?

Blues

Thank you for the welcome. This siteis very nice - a bit above others, many fine topics.

iTAC foregrip: The CON is its bigger then others. Red Laser works better at dust but works.
The Flash and strob light are very good.
The grip and red dot came with the Sig 556 as a promotion.
You know, one of the deals you can't turn down. At the time the SIG was marked at $2400. I got the package $1875.
Its not what we call an AR but its well made, EZ brake down, EZ cleaning.

~BEST~
BILL----------------------------->

A really reliable AR config is something I've been interested in for some time now....there's just so many of them, it's a chore deciding.....and the prices vary incredibly ... any reasonable/rational comments on what to look for??

Mossberg 500 tri rail. Is what I keep next to my bed. Loaded with pdx. Haven't had a chance to light some of that pdx up on anything yet but I'm sure when I do it will be one dead melon. 1 1oz slug tipped with 3 00 buck shot. I would have to think anything on the wrong end of that is stopped dead.

A really reliable AR config is something I've been interested in for some time now....there's just so many of them, it's a chore deciding.....and the prices vary incredibly ... any reasonable/rational comments on what to look for??

WOW, do you have a bunch of choices. AR's are like 1911 with 50 plus makers.
Its a personal choice and the right price comes into play.
If you are looking for personal defense, and if I had to do it all over again I would go BULLPUP STEYR AUG .556. Last I looked $2000.00
I feel its the 'AR' of the future.

~GOOD LUCK~
BILL----------------------------------->

I'm all about buying American, but I love my WASR AK-47 and Mosin Nagants. (Hi-Point 9mm carbine too). 21 years in the Army, so I do have a "little" experience with the AR/M-4/16 platform.

my 3 favorite pistol/carbine combos that I own
Colt 1911 and Marlin camp 45
S&W 586 with the Marlin 1894c
Colt challenger with the ruger 10/22 have plenty of ammo for all and have taken deer with both Marlins.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back