Suppresor/Silencer ATF needs to go away..How to get the ball rolling?

Steve40th

I emailed my Senator here in SC. I am fed up with the Feds, pun intended. Noise pollution is a serious issue. So why is that the ATF/Government is so damn scarred of Silencers. Why? No reason, but it takes 6-10 months on a good year, to get an ATF stamp for a silencer for a gun. There is no reason for this that is valid.
So, what do you think it necessary to get the ball rolling to de-establish the laws associated with silencers.

I emailed my Senator here in SC. I am fed up with the Feds, pun intended. Noise pollution is a serious issue. So why is that the ATF/Government is so damn scarred of Silencers. Why? No reason, but it takes 6-10 months on a good year, to get an ATF stamp for a silencer for a gun. There is no reason for this that is valid.
So, what do you think it necessary to get the ball rolling to de-establish the laws associated with silencers.

The reason is that the @ssholes in charge who are interested in usurping your Rights would rather not have you able to put two in the back of their head without anybody hearing it. Just make your own and use it on private land, away from all others... The owner should be somebody who'd you trust to help you bury that legislator you just offed.

3-4 months if your suppressor dealer e-files.

Shouldnt take more than a few minutes, especially if one has already been done, or if you have a Security clearance from DOD/Military etc, as they use services that do extensive back ground checks already. For example, I have had a TS/SCI for 25 years. Why couldnt they request that check. Inter-depeartment help would be nice.

Sorry I mentioned it. Maybe somebody who's focused on quickest-possible tax stamps instead of childish carping might appreciate knowing it.
Childish Carping? Why? Sorry, yes. Getting a background at a LGS takes five minutes. Fingerprints are already on file for me and many others.
Tax stamps are BS to begin with. They are irrelevant in todays world other than for revenue for ATF.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back