Summer carry question?

kelpike

I'm a carpenter by trade and I wear a tool pouch at work. That makes it hard to wear my Bodyguard 380 in it's holster. That and I wouldn't want the gun exposed to the dust and sawdust all day. I've been keeping the gun in my front pocket in a neoprene case similar to a pocket holster. this case only covers the barrel and trigger so everything from the trigger back is exposed. I'm not even sure if the covered parts are safe from moisture. Is there something I should put in the pocket between my body and the gun to stop the sweat (moisture) from getting on the gun?

I don't put anything else between by firearm/holster and pocket fabric. Lint, dirt, sweat...pockets are dirty places...wipe it down frequently and you shouldn't have any problems.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

I use a "Sticky Holster" and wipe it (the Bodyguard) every evening with a gun cloth. Never have any problems. You can get them in most any gun shops, etc. Cost about $20.00

n6e5wx.jpg

You will need to break down, clean and lube gun often as a lot more dirt and dust gets inside your gun with pocket carry.

I spent a few summers while I was in college working in construction. I'll be frank with you: The work was hard, often difficult and dangerous, (Especially when we were high in the air.) and my body was in almost constant motion. Know what? I'm 100% positive that I wouldn't have carried any semi-auto in C-1 while I was working in the trades.

What for? I always had a 22 - 28 oz. framing hammer on my belt; and using it precisely with a great deal of force was second nature. All of the experienced crew members could sink an 8 penny nail with a tap, one very hard shot, and a bounce. (Sometimes we did this, virtually, all day long! The work was hard; but the pay was great; and it went a long way toward getting me through school.) Then, there were always the crow and pry bars; each a deadly weapon in its own right.

Once in awhile we worked in a rough neighborhood; but, quite honestly, I never felt the need to actually carry a gun. (There's a lot of extra risk there, too; and, in construction, your body's your ultimate tool and the only real way you have to earn a living.) The fewer risks you take the better; which is, 'Why', even though I could, I never ran ridge boards. (Doesn't pay anything extra!) All this said I'll point out that the best moisture protectant I've, yet, found for any firearm is FrogLube. Applied correctly and raised to a high polish with a microfiber cloth it will prevent rust on your EDC for, in my own situation, as long as 3 or 4 months without needing to be touched up.

(If I've been preaching I apologize!) :wink:

Yea j ust maintain it frequently hey how that Bodyguard 380 working out for you my mags kept falling out periodically never could make up my mind if it was my big meathooks or a defect in my pistol . Never could get the laser battery door to close right on the frist try either traded it for a Nano but always liked the design

I use a "Sticky Holster" and wipe it (the Bodyguard) every evening with a gun cloth. Never have any problems. You can get them in most any gun shops, etc. Cost about $20.00

n6e5wx.jpg

I have two Sticky holsters, one for a Glock 17 and one for a Glock 30. They are great holsters and you can't beat the price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back