Suggestions please on carrying in non belted pants or shorts

NYMike

Sometimes I like to throw n a pair of sweats to walk the dog or run to the store, and summertime here in Nevadas desert I wear shorts frequently. How do I carry my Glock 27 comfortably without a belt? I tried a pocket holster and it works awesome for dressy shorts where it is kept tight to the leg. But in sweatpants or gym type shorts the pocket carry is too loose and the gun slams back and forth as I walk. Obviously ankle carry may work with the sweatpants but not shorts, and I don't like ankle carry Any ideas? Suggestions?

I too had this problem for the Texas heat. I ended up going with a Smart Carry holster. Very pleased with it and the draw isn't much slower with practice. Bought my father-in-law one, he loves and can CC in the summer time. He keep a J-frame in it, I holster a Tauras PT145 with an extra mag in it, fits nicely.

Remora, remora, remora, remora. I hate belts, I only wear sweats or shorts or athletic pants. Someone suggested the remora holster--great people, great product. I have a full size semi and it works fine. Look it up on internet, watch the video and make up your mind. Outside of holster is a sticky kind of product that just adheres to anything it touches. You do need to have a little tightening of the draw string--it cannot just be hanging there. As I said--great people--if you have a problem guarantee they will try to make you happy

I have been looking for a holster that I like but none of them seem to be what I am looking for the smart carry looks perfect for any type of dress type. The remora looks like a win win too plus its only $25

I pocket carry most of the time, especially in the Texas heat ... I carry a Kahr PM9 in a DeSantis Nemesis ... if you can't carry in gym shorts or sweats ... don't wear 'em ...

The ThunderWear or Smart Carry holster (same product, different names - probably the inventors know and hate each other) IS YOUR ANSWER!

I live in FL and, thanks to the kind of employers I work for, I can wear running shorts to work every day of the year, and every single day I go out with my SubCompact .40 XD and an extra mag safely concealed in my ThunderWear holster and ready to go at a moment's notice. Pocket holsters will not do the trick because they'll just drag down yer drawers. Believe me, ThunderWear is the way to go, and ya gotta get ya one!

I like the idea of the Belly Band the best. I just can't get by the idea of the smart carry and have a loaded gun next to my other "gun"

Have used SmartCarry & like it but just ordered a Remora based on comments here & other links. check out YouTube for some good intel. do classes mostly for women & have been recommending SmartCarry. Alan at Remora is helping out with a sampler of holsters for smaller guns - He was VERY helpful. will let you know my experience with my new Remora.....

Here in Tucson we have an occasional "warm" day too.
My favorite holster is the Smart Carry (smartcarry.com)
made in Largo, Florida. The workmanship is excellent,
and the service can't be beat.

+1 for several

Though we only get to go in shorts for a little while up here in PNW, folks who don't do belts, such as my wife, like the Remora. I use the Galco summer holster. Have not tried using my belly band in summer, but sounds like it would work just fine too.

Rick
Based on comments from many students and local command.

I have both a Pistol Wear and Remora. Both work fine for non-belted pants or shorts. Depending on how tight your gym shorts are if they don't have a draw string. If there is no draw string, the Pistol Wear is more secure plus it has a moisture barrier.

Carry with no belt

I always want something between my body and my handgun because dampness can be the downfall of many a good gun. When I cannot carry any other way, I use a belly bag specifically designed for a pistol. It gives me great access quickly, and gives me a place to put my keys and money, too. Being made entirely of leather, it is very comfortable, too.

N82tactical.com they have 3 different styles, but are built the same. The suede backing keeps it from sliding around with minimal tension. I like the hardshelled profesional myself.

another vote for the SmartCarry

The SmartCarry is more comfortable, cooler, and provides much better concealment than a belly band, you don't even need a shirt. An elastic waistband works better than a belt. The holster does not rely on a belt, or any type of waistband. If you have a waist you can wear a smart carry. There is even a pocket for a spare mag or extra ammo for a revolver. Keep in mind that larger handguns are more difficult to conceal and less comfortable to carry.

I will SECOND the Remora holster. The others mentioned looked too "cumbersome" to me. I use the Remora in the summertime, all the time, put it whe your want and forget about, IT STAYS PUT! and for 25 bucks, you can't go wrong. Take care and be safe.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back