Suggestions on a single stack 9mm?

walt629

I've got a Taurus 99AF that I've had for years and never have literally had a good grip on it. The grip is too wide for me because it is a double stack. I've tried different grips from the original wood up to Houge wrap around rubber grips. I just can't get a comfortable grip that gives me the control I need to be confident. I like the 9mm and was hoping to get some feed back about single stack 9 medium to large frame pistols.

Funny thing... my XD40 fits me like a glove but I just can't get comfortable with the 92AF like I am with the XD40.

Suggestions of what to look at?

Yeah Walt, don't waste you money on a 9mm. if you're going Single stack you need the 'One Round' knockdown of a .45 (Nothing less than a .40 S&W min.)
The Croatian built, Springfield XD-S at 1" wide is a favorite of mine, as I have what I call "Ruger hands" as well ...and I gave away my PT-92 to a best friend...
You might look into getting your hands on a CZ-75 (or 85) if you want to stay with the 9mm. but unless you live in Ca. or Fl. where the 'bad guys' only wear Tee shirts you really should get something better...

Yeah Walt, don't waste you money on a 9mm. if you're going Single stack you need the 'One Round' knockdown of a .45 (Nothing less than a .40 S&W min.)
The Croatian built, Springfield XD-S at 1" wide is a favorite of mine, as I have what I call "Ruger hands" as well ...and I gave away my PT-92 to a best friend...
You might look into getting your hands on a CZ-75 (or 85) if you want to stay with the 9mm. but unless you live in Ca. or Fl. where the 'bad guys' only wear Tee shirts you really should get something better...

Your one round knock down power theory is obsolete if you miss your target, I'd rather be able to hit my target 5 times with a 9 and get good results, then miss with a .45. A .45 is NOT a end all be all weapon, it never has been and never will be.

I would look at the M&P Shield, the Kahr CW or CM9 or the Walther PPS, all very comfortable single stack 9's

Was on the waiting list for a Shield (but I have a M&P compact,) Have a LC9 but not crazy about the trigger so I now have the PPS, a well crafted gun that I love.

Lol lol lol lol lol ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

S&W mod 908....and your in luck since I have one for sale!! :)

My sig 225 is a single stack, but with the double action trigger. it is a reach. I find my xd9 feels slimmer. a lot of it has to do with trigger reach, which is always an issue with any conventional double action.

Anything less than a .44 magnum is inadequate...only little girls carry below a .44 mag...and real men carry the 454 casull...and real real men carry the SW500. Your choice Walt....be a sissy girl and carry <.45, or be a man and carry a round with dismemberment power (dismemberment power = knock down power x stopping power ^ infinity)

Anything less than a .44 magnum is inadequate...only little girls carry below a .44 mag...and real men carry the 454 casull...and real real men carry the SW500. Your choice Walt....be a sissy girl and carry <.45, or be a man and carry a round with dismemberment power (dismemberment power = knock down power x stopping power ^ infinity)

Pfft, only a 500S&W? Real men carry a 700 Nitro Express. Nothing less than 8,000ft/lbs at the muzzle is good enough for self defense.

On a serious note, if you're comfortable with the XD40 and how it works, why not look into an XD40SC? Same..everything and with a Pierce grip extention you have about the same grip real-estate. Or even the XD9SC if you want the 9mm, it's the same size frame, but you could also get a conversion barrel for the .40 to 9mm so you could shoot both.

There are a lot of good single stack 9's out there. Shoot a few and you will be able to make up your own mind on what feels good to you.

Pfft, only a 500S&W? Real men carry a 700 Nitro Express. Nothing less than 8,000ft/lbs at the muzzle is good enough for self defense.

I believe that round is for demigod's .Lol lol

Hey Walt, still got my single stack 9 :) :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back