straps or holster?

old fart

i asked on here about iwb carry of my 4 inch barrel service six, and even tho no one responded i have decided to try it and need one last help on it. i am on a tight budget so i try to save when i can, so here is my question. i already have a couple pancake holsters, should i buy the straps to turn them into a iwb holster?, or get a complete iwb holster? the straps are $15 where a holster is $25-$50, thanks for your help.

A holster is a very personal choice; what is comfortable for me to wear all day might literally rub you the wrong way.

I usually carry a Beretta Nano in appendix carry in a single clip IWB holster from Foxx holsters ($39). I use the same style holster for my S&W 640. Out of the three holsters that I've tried this works the best for me for every day. For cold weather dog walking i carry the 640 in a $25 pocket holster in my coat pocket. None of those holsters cost a fortune but I had to try a couple different ones until I found what works for me.

I understand working on a budget, but your holster is something that you need to depend on to keep your gun ready to hand, safely and comfortably entire time you are wearing it.

I've never had a pancake holster, so I really don't feel qualified to answer that question. However I've tried about every other kind of holster that's out there.
If you have friends that carry ask them about their holsters. If they'll let you try them, great. It's like guns, you have to try a lot to find what's the best for you.
Personally, I have about half a dozen various IWB holsters, plus a pocket holster, plus a belly band holster, plus a Sticky Holster, which is still my favorite. But what's right for me isn't necessarily right for you.

I might have a couple extra straps laying around. I'll look tonight, and pm you if I do. What belt size do you wear?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back