Status of my Georgia Concealed Carry Permit?

xACEx

a week ago my brother and i went to the probate court to get our carry permints. my brother got his 3 days after applying. i still havent recieved anything. is there someone i can contact to find out whats going on?

Under O.C.G.A. § 16-11-129, the probate court has up to 45 days to act on your application. There is little point in calling until the 45th day.

What the above poster wrote...

Is there anything in your past (arrest, charges, warrants etc..) that may flag further investigation? Just asking... If so that may delay things.

I have a friend who has the same first and last name as his cousin, middle name was different but began with the same letter. The cousin was always in law trouble and at times my friend was good for a occasional run in with the law. All kinds of fun... Ever have an issue with being incorrectly identified?

a week ago my brother and i went to the probate court to get our carry permints. my brother got his 3 days after applying. i still havent recieved anything. is there someone i can contact to find out whats going on?

You didn't say what county you are in so it's hard to tell you what the average turn-around time is. As WVCDL points out.. not muchy you can do as long as the court in within the legal limit. Keep in mind that even something as simply as a more common name could slow the progress of you r application through the system (so could the US Postal Service :rolleyes: ).

If you haven't already, consider joining GeorgiaCarry.Org and GeorgiaPacking.org. If you haven't heard anything in the next week of so, you could call the Probate Court to check on the status of your application. The folks at the GeorgiaPacking forums can help you with information.

Good Luck (and hopefully... not too much longer of a wait)

Can I, and how do I, apply for a non-resident concealed carry permit from the state of Georgia. I am a S.C. resident.

Can I, and how do I, apply for a non-resident concealed carry permit from the state of Georgia. I am a S.C. resident.

Georgia does not issue non-resident permits. There are several states that DO issue non-resident permits and that Georgia does recognize including NH, PA and FL.

Sorry to be a details jerk, but Georgia does not issue permits at all! It is a license.
Lots of states issue permits, and Georgia recognizes lots of those, but in Ga we have a GFL:
Link Removed

Again, I am just a jerk for details, but the law is made up of lots of stupid details so there is no point in choosing to ignore some and not others.

Sorry to be a details jerk, but Georgia does not issue permits at all! It is a license.
Lots of states issue permits, and Georgia recognizes lots of those, but in Ga we have a GFL:
Link Removed

Again, I am just a jerk for details, but the law is made up of lots of stupid details so there is no point in choosing to ignore some and not others.

Not to be picky about the details... but it's a WEAPONS license...
O.C.G.A. � 16-11-125.1 said:
Definitions....

(6) "Weapons carry license" or "license" means a license issued pursuant to Code Section 16-11-129.

but you are correct.... in Georgia it is a license, not a permit :laugh:

Not to be picky about the details... but it's a WEAPONS license...
I guess they mis-printed mine

Link Removed

(yes, I know that it now covers knives, and other weapons, but it has been a GFL for a LONG time and as recently as earlier this year they were still called and printed as such)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back