States with Shall Issue permits. How long did you wait?

buckslayer

I was just wondering how long it actually took for you to get your permit in the mail in some of the "Shall Issue" states.
Minnesota takes "UP TO" 30 days, Utah takes "UP TO" 60 days, and Florida is "UP TO" 90 days. lets see who got theirs back the fastest.

Me, I'm sitting on 2 weeks without my Utah permit yet, and still haven't applied for Florida yet, and may not really need it.

I live in Texas, and by law they are supposed to get it back to you within 60 days. For a while after Obama took office it was taking up to SIX MONTHS for people to get their license, due to the overwhelming flood of applicants. They recently made some changes, and it seems to have helped. I recently applied for mine back in January and had it in my hand in 24 days. Not bad!

In some counties in PA you can walk out with it in 20 minutes. If you as a non-resident applied to Centre County sheriff thru the mail round trip would take about 2 weeks.

I got my non-res CT thru the mail, round trip 40 days. I mailed my non-res app to UT on Feb 1...still waiting for it.

When I got my original license the law said that the DPS, state police, had "90 days from the return of the background check" I called after 90 days and was told they were waiting for "the other background checks." When I pointed out that by law they had 90 days from THE background check I was told that they could run as many background checks as they wanted. I called the governors office and had it within a week.

Mine took 1 week after I filled out the paperwork. In Florida where I live, you can go directly to a regional office and fill out the paperwork online. They even take your picture and scan your fingerprints. The catch is that it is by appointment only. I waited 4 weeks for my appointment. Current waiting time for an appointment is 6 to 7 weeks.

The last I had read, UT was coming in right around 55 to 60 days. Last year, it took almost 4 months for mine to come.

NC is "...up to 90 days". And it varys widely by county. Some counties typically issue permits within 30 days or so, while others (like my county) take the full 90 days.

bill

I live in OR and recently applied for both OR and WA. I had the OR in my hand in about 2.5 weeks and WA in about 3.5 weeks.

Keith

Mine took 28 days. Came in the Mail, fully laminated. Alaska has us all beat though. They can carry concealed without a licence. I guess we all loose. :cray:

In NH I was issued my LICENCE in 7 days. The law here is 14 days issue or not. :pleasantry:

Hello,
I live in Nashville,Tn. They told me 90days...but after a couple calls and a fax, I got it in just a little over 5 months.

In VA,it can take up tp 45 days. I understood it as,if it doesnt arrive in 45 days,you get it by default. It took me 2 weeks,from submiting application and getting fingerprinted. Good state that still understands our God given rights. :biggrin:

23 days from paying the circuit court clerk to in my hand in the mail. Pittsylvania county Va (the largest county in the state )

I live in Fairfax County VA... and I got mine in 30 days. I was concerned because right after I turned in my application and payment for the permit, I read an article in the Washington Post that the Circuit Court Clerk was arrested for embezzling money from the Court's Civil Intake Division! It was the same woman to whom I'd paid my fee. Ugh. Fortunately, it didn't affect me and 30 days after, I was carrying.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back