Statement from Reminton Arms regarding the "Safe Act."

JohnD13

Link Removed

I think Remington is doing this right.

good on them for (hopefully) taking their employees into consideration as well. they could knee-jerk and put 1300 people out of employment.

Recently I went to a gun Raffle - One of the prizes was a Glock 19
The raffle was planned prior to the SAFE ACT.
The promoter had to switch the Glock for a Beretta PX 4 Storm.
HE said that Glock has cut off all shipments to NY, including Government shipments to PD's
If your citizens aren't allowed then no one is allowed.
Some suppliers may still have some in stock but when they are gone they are gone.

I say hurrah for Glock.

A few years ago the NY Legislature had to make change to the law regarding fully automatic weapons specifically so Remington could compete in the military market.
The hoplophobic NY Legislature passed the bill allo
allowing Remington to manufacture and posses fully auto weapons.

Business is business and Remington ain't going nowhere. Without that favor they wouldn't have the contract with the Feds.

Beretta on the other hand is looking to move our of Maryland after their bonehead laws were also passed I hear. Not sure if it is true or not.

Business is business and Remington ain't going nowhere. Without that favor they wouldn't have the contract with the Feds.

Exactly, I completely agree with this part. Majority of gun manufacturers don't give a damn about the 2a, it's just business for them.

Statement from Reminton Arms regarding the "Safe Act."

It's too bad life isn't as simple as teleporting to a new state with all of your employees. Shutting down a plant as big as Remington can kill a town just like shutting down an auto plant can. Good on em for considering all angles.

That would be great news about Glock not shipping to NY, I hope it's true. I think the move by the NY legislature a few years back was to "allow" Remington to manufacture supressors for the M24(?) sniper rifle that they had a contract for. You are right, business is business. Remington realizes that letting 1300 dedicated employees go would be really bad for business. And for the economy of the Mohawk Valley. One of these days I may have to break down and buy one.

Link Removed

I think Remington is doing this right.

If this is truly Remington's stance, I applaud them as well.

Remington in NY, Springfield Armory in IL, and S&W in MA.

Is there something special about producing quality firearms in states that don't like you to have them in the first place? It's almost like distilling Jack Daniels in the dry town of Lynchburg. :)

Exactly, I completely agree with this part. Majority of gun manufacturers don't give a damn about the 2a, it's just business for them.

It will be a cold day in hell before I buy another Remington though.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

That would be great news about Glock not shipping to NY, I hope it's true. I think the move by the NY legislature a few years back was to "allow" Remington to manufacture supressors for the M24(?) sniper rifle that they had a contract for. You are right, business is business. Remington realizes that letting 1300 dedicated employees go would be really bad for business. And for the economy of the Mohawk Valley. One of these days I may have to break down and buy one.

Nobody says Remington has to let people go. Relocate them. That would be cheaper than training new people. Of course, neither is cheaper than staying where they are, which is the real crux of the matter.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back