Springfield Armory XDS

PastorMCC

Can't wait to get my paws on the new Springfield Armory XDS .45ACP Compact, then I can release at least two of my older weapons.

I've had mine for about 9 mos. now. It is my fav. CC gun.
Have put hundreds of rounds through it, with no problems.
I did get 2 of the 7rd. mags. I carry it with the flush mag, & keep the extended mags for back up.
It is a bit snappy, the extended mag makes it easier to hold on to.
I like the grip safety. I usually carried a 1911 or a Spinger 9mm sub, so I'm used to it.
Very nice gun, you won't be sorry.

I am considering this gun in either the .45 or .40 cal. How does it compare in recoil to the Kahr CW45?

Have one, wish I had another. Recoil is a very hard push, because of a low boreline. Haven't fired the Kahr. 900+ rounds from mine. More tomorrow. My carry sidearm. Heavy, gritty feeling trigger, that smooths-out with time. Short reset. Not an all day range gun, but perfect for a large caliber CC. Exactly what it was designed for. Have 5 mags for mine. Got it when they first came out. Rack it like a man, hang-on, and it will reward you.

It's not for everybody. Treat it like a dainty little pistol, and it won't impress. It is a little bulldog, and needs to be handled. I would recommend lots of dry fire practice, because of the trigger.

I love mine, good luck!

Have one, wish I had another. Recoil is a very hard push, because of a low boreline. Haven't fired the Kahr. 900+ rounds from mine. More tomorrow. My carry sidearm. Heavy, gritty feeling trigger, that smooths-out with time. Short reset. Not an all day range gun, but perfect for a large caliber CC. Exactly what it was designed for. Have 5 mags for mine. Got it when they first came out. Rack it like a man, hang-on, and it will reward you.

It's not for everybody. Treat it like a dainty little pistol, and it won't impress. It is a little bulldog, and needs to be handled. I would recommend lots of dry fire practice, because of the trigger.

I love mine, good luck!
Thanks That helps...the more I'm thinking about it the more I'm leaning towards the Kahr...mostly for Price. $389 new for a 45

I have my XDs on me all the time. Great pistol. Great shooter. Feels great ergonomically. You can't limp wrist it though. I love it as my carry.

Just an additional point, I have seen many posts about Kahr having poor customer service. Not sure if that is a deal breaker for you.

Any thoughts about the Taurus Millenium PRO 145? About the same size as the Kahr a couple of oz. heavier 10 +1 and an extra mag on purchase. I just saw one go new on Gunbroker for $315 (factor in shipping, tax and transfer) and it is $379 to take home. So price wise they are about $10.00 cheaper.

Still awaiting and anticipating the receipt of my XDS 45ACP. Question, does anyone know of a green laser that would fit this gun and a holster that would accomodate the laser if it is rail mounted.
Getting my ducks in a row in order to avoid wait times.

Yep, I love my and it's my edc also, I have about 1000+ rounds in it and with my crossbreed mini holster you can hardly tell I'm carrying it.

I ordered a NateSquared Tactical Pro lefty IWB for mine a few days ago. The lefties weren't available for the longest time. 3 weeks seems an awful long time to wait for delivery.

Mainsail, wipe the carbon off that slide and lower rail mount. Sheesh!:laugh: I'm just guessing but were you shooting at steel/dirt/sand?

Any thoughts about the Taurus Millenium PRO 145? About the same size as the Kahr a couple of oz. heavier 10 +1 and an extra mag on purchase. I just saw one go new on Gunbroker for $315 (factor in shipping, tax and transfer) and it is $379 to take home. So price wise they are about $10.00 cheaper.
Shnake, just do some more research on the Millenium Pro online. Choice is yours.

Just an additional point, I have seen many posts about Kahr having poor customer service. Not sure if that is a deal breaker for you.

I've 2 Kahrs. Their Customer Service was great. Both guns went back to have MAJOR QC failures fixed. One was inoperable right out of the box - machining incomplete where the trigger bar "ear" needed to move laterally. Part of the magazine catch was improperly formed (I hesitate to call it machined) on the other and it kept dropping magazines when fired. I used my troubleshooting skills to find the CAUSE of the problem(s) before contacting and complaining to Kahr & they picked up shipping, repaired quickly and returned the pistols to my door. Great "dot the i" sight picture with the factory sights, BUT the front "plastic" sight departed the slide somewhere past 100 rounds on one of them, so both now wear steel night sights - not as quick a sight picture but much more durable. I was NOT happy about being their unpaid QC department - twice. Others have had nothing but positive experiences with their Kahrs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back