South Carolina Resident Eligible for New Hampshire Concealed Carry Permit?

JoeH

I am a SC resident. Can I get a NH non-resident permit

From what I can see, yes as long as you have a concealed carry permit from another state already and have a valid reason. Here is a link to the Link Removed.

Can anyone verify that this is correct?

Yes, if you already have your SC resident CWP. Unfortunately, last year they raised the price from $25 to $100. Depending on what states you're trying to add for carry, you may find that PA is a better deal. I currently have both but will probably let the NH expire when the time comes.

Links to both...

Non-Resident CWP Applications

From what I can see, yes as long as you have a concealed carry permit from another state already and have a valid reason. Here is a link to the Link Removed.

Can anyone verify that this is correct?

That is correct....and reason can be self defense.

Thanks!

I was looking to pick up Alabama and Georgia. PA only gives me Georgia.

Assuming you have your SC permit...save some money and get Arizona...will save $40 for initial...your SC permit will serve as your required training...and it will give you the coverage you are looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
NH has a fairly quick turnaround on NR permits. My renewal only took just over a week and my son's new permit was less than 30 days. Hopefully they are still getting them out as quick now. Just follow the instructions on the form and you won't have any problems. Just make sure you put Protection or All Proper Purposes in the reason for permit area.

Personally, I would spend the extra 17 dollars and get Florida's... the only thing NH gives you over Florida is .... NH.

Even though we have receprocity with FL, I like to have a permit from a state that I frequent a lot.... is why I have FL, VA permits.... I'd have a Georgia one if they issued non residents.

Personally, I would spend the extra 17 dollars and get Florida's... the only thing NH gives you over Florida is .... NH.

Even though we have receprocity with FL, I like to have a permit from a state that I frequent a lot.... is why I have FL, VA permits.... I'd have a Georgia one if they issued non residents.

I was going to go with NH as well until it went to a $100 now I'll just get a Florida non resident for $17 more. With my SC resident and a FL non resident that should get me the most coverage.

Well I did look at the Arizona website briefly and while it would save me about $60 I think I would rather just get the Florida. It does and a few more states ( 2 I think ) and I already have the app. and print cards. Does the AZ permit require prints or no?

Well I did look at the Arizona website briefly and while it would save me about $60 I think I would rather just get the Florida. It does and a few more states ( 2 I think ) and I already have the app. and print cards. Does the AZ permit require prints or no?

Yes AZ requires prints...but they don't require them to be done by LEO like FL does. If you call or email AZDPS and you'll have the app packet in hand in about 2 days. Turn around time is about 2 weeks.

Oh, and renewals are $43. :biggrin:

JoeH

...I am surprised to see that a Utah non-resident permit has not been discussed. I personally like Utah, and of course I picked up GA, MS and Al.
Consider the pros and cons....when you add it all up, you may like Utah as well.

...I am surprised to see that a Utah non-resident permit has not been discussed. I personally like Utah, and of course I picked up GA, MS and Al.
Consider the pros and cons....when you add it all up, you may like Utah as well.

I have UT as well...but didnt mention it because it does require a UT specific class. UT combined with AZ...awesome combination. :biggrin:

Ok well I looked at the permit maps and mrjam2jab your right Arizona is the way to go. A Utah doesn't really add much to the Arizona non res and my SC resident permits. The Arizona will cover me in any of the states around here the don't have recip with SC. If the Utah didn't require another class I would probably get it too.

I have both NH and PA mainly because PA was being a pain in the ass about carrying with another's state non resident. That said after May 2011 you must get your PA renewal in person!

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back