Source - Cell phones w/o contracts

SC Tiger

I need a little help. Last year my wife and I upgraded our cell phones to Blackberries. Well, in the interest of saving money this year we decided to go back to regular cell phones (a smartphone requires a $30.00/phone/month data plan). The problem is, in the past year my wife has become a texting maniac and our old LG phones don't have a full keypad. I'd like to get her a phone with a full keypad (but not a smartphone). Verizon will allow this on the primary line (hers) with the 1-year upgrade but not for both, and the price is steep. We also do not want to renew our contracts because, as much as I like Big Red as a carrier we may switch. Add to this the fact that I have a company cell so I may just put my private number on some sort of pay-as-you-go thing (I don't necessarily need the line but want to keep the number).

Here's the question - does anyone know of a source for Verizon-compatible cell phones other than Verizon? Obviously Ebay and Craig's list but are there any other places?

Thanks

Newegg tigerdirect and wirefly are some sites. You can also get phones from phone companies , walmart, bestbuy that are like 40 a month unlimited text and net no contract.

Verizon Wireless

Check out Howard Forums for cell phone info. You may even be able to find a way around your problem there. Lots of good info but many of them are as crazy over cell phones as some on here are about guns. :biggrin:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back