Someone playing with fire....

E

ezkl2230

Woke up this morning to discover that someone tried to disable my security lights over night. Cars were parked outside, they could have broken a window to get into the garage. Only one reason I can think of to disable the lights, that is to get into my house - and they would have received a .45 reception.

In the meantime, I need to add to the depth of my security system - inexpensively. Suggestions?

There is a lot out there, be ingenious with it.

Lights are a great deterrent and work well as long as people don't know what is setting them off. If you buy a sensor separate of the light you can remotely install the sensor away from the lights and this will throw off their skirting around the sensor. There also is a sensor available that will set off a monitor inside through a wireless connection that only alerts you and not those who are attempting to victimize you.
~
Link Removed
~
Link Removed
~
I use this one and have disguised the sensor so reduce detection of the device by intruders. Currently have 6 sensors operating around the property and find that I don't have a lot of false alarms unless the deer get really close to the house. I live in the country and the deer will come up on the porch if the cat hasn't finished his food. :haha:

I also use driveway alarms. Rarely have trouble with them. When I do it's mostly false alarms in the summer when it's hot and windy. They detect both heat and motion. Batteries seem to last forever and my receiver will monitor up to 4 sensors. But I didn't pay near that much. I think mine was $17 with 2 sensors.

Link Removed 75 lbs, she hears autos from over 300 yards and lets us know when to act/react. Sad she is getting old as we are.

Also, Had someone unscrew my front lights one time. It had to have been done during the day. Lucky for me I see my lights come on, and when they didn't I went to see what was wrong. Bulbs were still in, just unscrewed almost all the way out.
Never had a problem after that.

Link Removed

For $199.00 you can't beat it. You can hook it up to a TV or Computer Monitor. FREE SHIPPING.

I have security cameras too, but I haven't gotten them put up yet. They have their own monitor and I think you can use a computer or TV too. There's just 2 cameras with mine, but I don't think I need any more than that. We used to have a lot of people stopping in at our house, but there haven't been all that many lately.

6' fence, 2 dogs, security cameras, outward opening doors, dead bolts, grumpy guy with a .45ACP with 30 round mag, .30 Carbine with 30 round mag, 9mm carbine with 50 round mag, and a couple M1 Garands for backup. I live in a low crime area, neighbors are armed too.

All I know is that whoever it was has ample opportunities during the day to do something. This person waited until the dead of night when my whole family was sleeping to try to disable my lights and, presumably, make his move. MI castle law addresses this specifically: you break into a house while the occupant is there it is assumed that you are there to injure, rape, or kill and all bets are off.

its Poochyrna from Pokemon

Sorry for the off-topic post but that dog picture looks like Poochyena from my sons Pokrmon Card collection. Lol

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back