Some people are better than others...are you?

Oregon Vet

NRA Life Since 03/1985
Some people are better than others...at putting up Christmas decorations!

Are you?

Link Removed

He says:

"Good news is that I truly out did myself this year with my Christmas decorations. The bad news is that I had to take him down after 2 days. I had more people come screaming up to my house than ever.Great stories. But two things made me take it down.

First, the cops advised me that it would cause traffic accidents as they almost wrecked when they drove by.

Second, a 55 year old lady grabbed the 75 pound ladder almost killed herself putting it against my house and didn't realize it was fake until she climbed to the top (she was not happy). By the way, she was one of many people who attempted to do that. My yard couldn't take it either. I have more than a few tire tracks where people literally drove up my yard."

This one should make you laugh! I know I did when I saw it. I can just imagine the people freaking out when they seen it.

BUT! It does show that people still care about strangers and are willing to help a person in need. I guess the people stopping to help proves a lot of us still care for the other person?

At least they did not try to burglarize the house while thinking the owner was in trouble.:biggrin:

That's true! As sad of shape the country is in, that COULD happen probably. People even drove up on the lawn.

I suppose he is REALLY LUCKY no one got into a wreck, I would suppose they could SUE and WIN their case. That it IS/WAS a traffic nuisance.

Give him TWO thumbs up for creative thinking though! He should have chained the ladder to the shrub it was laying against so someone like that woman couldn't stand it up and climb up it like she did. If she had fallen she would have sued him for everything he owned, even though she was trespassing.

Such a WONDERFUL world we live in! :)

If she had fallen she would have sued him for everything he owned, even though she was trespassing.

This is why some states have good Samaritan laws. It works to stop stupid trespassing charges when someone was induced onto property by a false display of a person in distress.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back