So many good things in this article-- Makes me proud to live where I do

tcox4freedom

We just had an article come out in our local paper that makes me proud to live where I do.

Study: Florence, Darlington counties are locked and loaded

Florence County Sheriff Kenney Boone said while Florence certainly has its fair share of gun owners, he questions the accuracy of the numbers reported on the list and how they were determined.

“Since guns are not registered in this state, and in many others, I don’t see how the authors came up with the numbers,” Boone said. “Likewise, we have no way of knowing the number of firearms possessed by Florence County residents, nor do we need to know. Law-abiding citizens can possess as many as they want, and we really don’t have any concern about that.” ...

Darlington County Sheriff Wayne Byrd said even if the numbers are correct, he’s not concerned about them.

“I’m not sure how they’re calculating, because we don’t have any way of knowing who owns a gun in our county,” Byrd said. “And if you’re talking about law-abiding citizens owning guns, I don’t know that that’s a bad thing. In fact, it’s probably something to be proud of. In my opinion, every law-abiding citizen ought to own a gun. ...

-

Emphasis added

Just one more reason I thankful to live in the south

-

Like most facts or statistics spouted by the left, they are most likely "PFA." Plucked from Air. This Sheriff 'gets it.'

'

NOW, if SC can only pass an OC Law then they would indeed be a Great Southern Sate again. You all need to continue the push hard to your Reps and Senators. I'm sure Haley would sign it!

NOW, if SC can only pass an OC Law then they would indeed be a Great Southern Sate again. You all need to continue the push hard to your Reps and Senators. I'm sure Haley would sign it!

We've gotten rid if one or two troublemakers that were blocking any OC/Constitutional carry legislation earlier this year. Hopefully, the other few holdouts will be shown the door in November. (The Gov has already said she'd sign off on OC or Constitutional carry.)

One of the main troublemakers has been the director of SLED. While most all of the officers I know don't have any problems with Constitutional Carry, he does. Unfortunately, some of our lawmakers have allowed his bias to rule how they vote.

We've made some good progress toward OC & Constitutional Carry lately. Hopefully, if all goes well this election cycle we can at least look forward to getting OC passed next year. But, I think Constitutional Carry may be another few years out.

-

Keep their feet to the fire. I would also push Haley to intervene in the Legislator to push this out of committee and into a general vote. THAT being said after living in SC for over 25 years, I do know what you're up against. Back woods boys doing back door deals.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back