Small side pack for concealed carry

stantheman1976

Can anyone recommend a small rugged pack that I could strap to my side and carry a pistol in? I was thinking something like this might be easier to carry. I could basically carry concealed without actually being concealed. I'm not sure if there are products made specifically for this or not.

Sneaky pete makes a cell phone holster that i have thought about getting. Not sure if this is what you are thinking of or not.

No, I was thinking of something that looks like a supply pouch that would ride directly on my right side at about 2-3 o'clock. Would be something that most would not notice or pay attention to. When I'm not at work I always wear my shirt untucked so it would be partially concealed.

Link Removed

I looked at this. Has anyone tried anything like it?

I have one of these: Link Removed and use it when I don't wear a shirt untucked sometimes. Put your name on their mailing list and wait for a sale.

I have looked at the 5.11 product but don't own one.

I think the gun packs are very obvious. Depending on the weapon, even Walmart has a selection of belt camera cases in many different sizes.

If I'm carrying a mousegun I just clip it to my belt loop with a carabiner and no one looks twice.

Link Removed

Last edited:
Tuarus TCP comes with a little belt pack holster with magnetic clip flap that works fairly well. BullDog or someone makes one very much like that one.

i got a nice holstered fanny pack from the gun show has extra compartment for mag and another roomy one for flashlight wallet phone whatever it's nice leather too with zip pull that opens quick was only 40 bucks and probably just what you would want i wished i could post a pic of it or find the name of the company that makes it something tells me it's just what you looking for

"I could basically carry concealed without actually being concealed." Just to put it out there, if you carry off-body, but the gun is not visible, it IS concealed as far as the law goes. So in most states, you still need a CC permit to carry in a fanny pack, purse, etc.

Personally, I can't stand fanny packs unless I'm going for a short hike, in which case a lumbar hydration pack is ideal. But I have the same problems sometimes with all my junk (gun, light, sunglasses, reloads, knife, etc). I was looking at "man-purses" like the Maxpedition VersiPak, but they're still pretty darn big. I saw an Indian-made shoulder pack that is just big enough for a Glock19. It has a fold out flap for IDs and money and a couple outer pockets for knives, lights and other EDC stuff. The best part was its price: $10. I should have bought two, but I bought one in OD. For weekend activities, it's perfect, and I can pack a larger gun than my P3AT (which is how I normally solve my always-carry conundrum). One thing: unless you're used to keeping your bag close by (like women are with their purses), it will take a while to train yourself to not set the bag down and walk away. Good luck!

Side pack on the belt

Until recently I carried a .380 in a square side pack. The police in the mall always knew what I carried in it and so will many other people who conceal carry. Now I have a Taurus 40 cal compact that actually fits in the same pack but it's a bit heavy so I use a simple single clip nylon holster (IWB) that not only carries my 40 cal but my 1911 as well. Most pawn shops have a selection of side packs of different sizes. Take a look.

Bob

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back