Site Members Shadows Or Real People?

N R A

On the day of the largest world holiday commerating a fat guy that flys with flying raindeer (or a guy 2000 years ago, also of faith only), a question comes to mind.

What percentage of the members here even own guns? How many of their guns are airsoft guns in moms bacement? How many members are felons that want guns or used to have guns, but now only fantasize about owning guns?

How many of us are gun toting Santa's in that our stories are not real? 50% more? Less?

Ill guess it is 10 to 20 percent of the posters in most forums are not who they claim and a much larger percentage fudge on details, blowing things up to be a lions shadow on a wall from a mouse.

Merry Xmas.

You mention 25 yards out. Glock makes their shooting class shoot a Glock that far, timed, to pass the class. Who in real life, is shooting a carry handgun 75 feet? Gang bangers in drive by house shootings, is the only place I can think of people doing that. I would never shoot a carry handgun 75 feet with any hopes of the gun doing what I wanted it to do. OK, this handgun maybe.

Me, holding a Remington Fireball in the original .221

15941067512_e4f6b77e05_c.jpg

The are only a few people who post stories... Magnificent stories at that...often.

I am who I say i am.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

On the day of the largest world holiday commerating a fat guy that flys with flying raindeer (or a guy 2000 years ago, also of faith only), a question comes to mind.

What percentage of the members here even own guns? How many of their guns are airsoft guns in moms bacement? How many members are felons that want guns or used to have guns, but now only fantasize about owning guns?

How many of us are gun toting Santa's in that our stories are not real? 50% more? Less?

Ill guess it is 10 to 20 percent of the posters in most forums are not who they claim and a much larger percentage fudge on details, blowing things up to be a lions shadow on a wall from a mouse.

Merry Xmas.

You most likely are more right than wrong! I can say that I have not embellished anything that I have posted. I will admit that I have not told the whole truth at times because of "Big Brother or Sis" is watching and I do not want to give them anymore info than they already have. Yes, I know our "wonderful and caring" gubment most likely already knows and would NEVER use it against me!

Born on Dec 25 centuries ago, changed the world before he was 30: Isaac Newton

But on to your main question. I suspect just about everybody who says they have guns really do. I suspect, though, that the number of them who routinely shoot, er, sorry, train with targets 25 yards and out, standing, and have a bad day (even when shooting one-handed) when group size is 3 inches is FAR less than claimed. I suspect the number who would shoot to kill to prevent their guns from being confiscated is also (fortunately) far lower than the macho homicidal boasting would have you believe.

I didn't know that Isaac Newton shared the Lord's birthdate. Learn something new everyday! Don't know about everyone else but I do have a gun (would say several but you never know who might be reading here) and do fire it as often as I can. I don't practice fast draws, only try to retrieve my weapon with sufficient speed if and/or when I need it. I do not spend all my time (or money) on the range but do try to remain proficient. I would like to say that I would go out in a blaze of glory rather than surrender my weapon to the government but, to say what you WILL do before the event occurs is talking through one's hat. I can say what I would like to do but, when push comes to shove, no one on here can definitely say what they would do. Bluster sounds good when you are sitting around shooting the crap but it may not be so loud in an actual situation.

Here is the reason I do not like training for fast draws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-rGnMKszxg

I didn't know that Isaac Newton shared the Lord's birthdate. Learn something new everyday! Don't know about everyone else but I do have a gun (would say several but you never know who might be reading here) and do fire it as often as I can. I don't practice fast draws, only try to retrieve my weapon with sufficient speed if and/or when I need it. I do not spend all my time (or money) on the range but do try to remain proficient. I would like to say that I would go out in a blaze of glory rather than surrender my weapon to the government but, to say what you WILL do before the event occurs is talking through one's hat. I can say what I would like to do but, when push comes to shove, no one on here can definitely say what they would do. Bluster sounds good when you are sitting around shooting the crap but it may not be so loud in an actual situation.

Here is the reason I do not like training for fast draws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-rGnMKszxg

Reads like an honest man with honest thoughts to me.
Also reads in many ways the way I think.

Don't know about everyone else but I do have a gun (would say several but you never know who might be reading here) and do fire it as often as I can. I would like to say that I would go out in a blaze of glory rather than surrender my weapon to the government but, to say what you WILL do before the event occurs is talking through one's hat. I can say what I would like to do but, when push comes to shove, no one on here can definitely say what they would do. Bluster sounds good when you are sitting around shooting the crap but it may not be so loud in an actual situation.

Like Kramer, also reads in many ways the way I think. However, I can honestly say that I would not go out in a blaze of glory rather than surrender my weapon to the government because first, I believe God's timeline and second, I'm too old to care one way or the other.

Life Is Good. :dance3:

MARANATHA! :victory:

Howdy,

Most of the members that regularly post in the political section do NOT own firearms, most do in fact live with their Mother ( this includes the older members who's mother have passed away but did live with her until she either was placed in a home or passed ).

Sure there are many members on here that are stable adults that actually own a firearm(s), has a career ( no, at 55yo being a part-time pizza delivery driver is NOT a career) have a wife, kid(s), mortgage, etc.

I shoot on a regular basis but not as much as I did when I was shooting IDPA, USPSA, etc. 3 to 5 times a month. Most of my spare time and money has gone into my Spyder but since it's almost complete I plan on shooting more and maybe even enter an IDPA match or two in 2015.

I also haven't reloaded any in about 2 years but I have collected more reloading supplies.

I don't mind posting info about myself on the 'Net because Obama, NSA, DHS, FBI, etc already know everything there is to know. Sure, you have to worry about identity thief, but Obama already knows everything.

Paul

Howdy,

Most of the members that regularly post in the political section do NOT own firearms, most do in fact live with their Mother ( this includes the older members who's mother have passed away but did live with her until she either was placed in a home or passed ).

Sure there are many members on here that are stable adults that actually own a firearm(s), has a career ( no, at 55yo being a part-time pizza delivery driver is NOT a career) have a wife, kid(s), mortgage, etc.

I shoot on a regular basis but not as much as I did when I was shooting IDPA, USPSA, etc. 3 to 5 times a month. Most of my spare time and money has gone into my Spyder but since it's almost complete I plan on shooting more and maybe even enter an IDPA match or two in 2015.

I also haven't reloaded any in about 2 years but I have collected more reloading supplies.

I don't mind posting info about myself on the 'Net because Obama, NSA, DHS, FBI, etc already know everything there is to know. Sure, you have to worry about identity thief, but Obama already knows everything.

Paul

Kookiest member here.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

Okay, I'll play. This is my selfie. :smile:

Link Removed

BTW, Anybody got a phased plasma rifle in a 40 watt range that they want to sell to me?

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Like Old Grunt and a few others, what you see is it. I am a US Army veteran, 72-76, 'nuff said there. Ride, have an old truck like to cruise in and a beautiful grand daughter that takes up a lot of my time.
Do I practice as much as I'd like? Nope, but with schedule, hard to get to range for live fire. Do dry fire about 2 or 3 times a week, practice drawing safe (not gunfighter fast). Been carrying the same weapon in same manner for more years than some here have been sucking oxygen, so feel secure. Do I own more than one weapon? Probably as everyone in my house shoots, on rare occasions, we actually get to all go together.
With my work in the motorcycle industry, my weekends between March and Oct are pretty much booked, then comes hunting season. My 'free time' is Jan & Feb.
I do get a lot of practice with my bow, but only because I have a range set up in my backyard. Great stress reliever after work.

The part time pizza delivery guy comment hits real close to home. In college i had a friend that got a degree in criminal justice and social work. He was a prison guard and drug rehab counselor for a few years and quit and went back to his college job of pizza delivery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back