Single point sling

sig p6

I just put the single point mount on my AR and I'm looking for a nice sling for it. Any Ideas....

Try before you buy is my biggest suggestion when it comes to something that needs to be comfortable and do the job. What works well for one body shape, may not work as well for another.

Go to a store that has a variety of them and try them on. See what you like, what feels good, and what is durable.

The MS3 multi mission by Magpul G1 is the one I went with. It converts from two pt. to single in seconds. I have a Magpul ASAP on the buffer tube, & MSA mounted on the forend. The sling works great, but I do have a little problem with tightening the strap when needed fast. I did see a show where the sling had a bungee cord in it to take pressure off your shoulder when the firearm is bouncing around during combat transitions. Wish I could tell you the maker. I agree with try before you buy, if possible. Hope this helps your thought process.

Love my new Magpul Multi Mission. $53.00 shipped from Midway USA.
*NOTE: Careful on Magpul ASAP Install! lol, Messed up my little spring I did I did.

Magpul makes a decent sling, and their attachments are easy to actuate, which is great for going back and forth between 2-point and single-point configurations. There is a potentially serious problem with using those clasps with quick-disconnect swivels though. I have one of these slings, but I prefer clash-hooks so I don't use it very often anyway. The following video shows both the problem and a solution. If you don't use QD swivels, it's a moot point, but good information to have nonetheless.

ETA: JPG55 mentioned a sling with a bungee cord in it that aids in comfort etc. He may have been talking about the sling I use, which is a Condor STRYKE 1-point/2-point sling very similar to the Magpul, except it does have bungee material and also has clash-hooks. The link is to a video demonstration of it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back