single gun safe????

hemix2

I want to get a gun safe for quick access to one gun. I currently have a biometric safe and it takes forever to open. I have looked at the gun vaults but I have heard the batteries die quick and are not real reliable. I am open to suggestions.

i had a gun vault deluxe and i loved it except i wanted somthing to stick more than i gun and a flashlight it, i ordered one from bugsgunshop.com. its got a key pad and a key so either way u can get it open if the batteries die, in fact ive only changed the batteries in mine 2 times in 6 years. it runs on 4 AA, but i cant remember the name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a vault with a rotation combo lock with tumblers. You can set it in day lock when you are at home so it is easier to get in to than putting in the combo again

I would be open to a trigger lock with a push type combo or fingerprint release for a shotgun for home defense. Anyone know of anything for useful?

I have a Stack-On personal safe that I use in my van, it is secured to the van with a 5/16" cable, you can use it in the house (bolt it in place if you wish). The safe is about 11 1/2" X 14" X 4 1/2" . It can hold my Ruger Super Redhawk (7 1/2") and Ruger GP100 (6") with 2 speed loaders for each. It has a 4 number keypad (1-4) you can program a 4-8 number combination, it also has fingerprint (32 prints can be saved), and a key to open it. I have mine programed with 4 numbers, and programed in fingerprints also, but in the winter in the back of my van the fingerprint does not work, because it is cold and fogs up when I touch it with my finger. The fingerprint works well when it is warm.

Thank you Fas1 - Do you sell those? Any chance they have a rifle holder with the same concept?

Yes I do sell them. Not yet for a rifle or shotgun but I have given it some thought. Are you talking about an AR platform and what would you like to see?

Fas1 that's a great safe. Do you have something that has the single gun holster but also capability to hold more than a single gun? Website?

Fas1 that's a great safe. Do you have something that has the single gun holster but also capability to hold more than a single gun? Website?

Thanks. I keep a couple exta loaded mags in the bottom of mine and have had a few customers tell me they have put a small revolver or pocket size gun in the bottom of theirs. We recently increased the height by one inch primarily to give a little more room for extended mags.

I am getting ready to offer (in the next month, I hope) a box that is a little longer and wider with a holster that will accomidate up to a 44 Mag revolver. All holster designs will interchange so it would have a little more room to do what you are thinking.

FAS1 SAFE, LLC

After seriously considering the Barka and GunVault biometric models, I might opt for the FAS safe now. Less room for error with dead batteries, I suppose.

I ordered a Barska AX11224 from Amazon for $189 w/Free 2-Day shipping (im and Amazon Prime member). I plan to change the batteries every 3 months as ill be opening it daily. I am using Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries. Expensive batteries but the last up to 15 years when not in use. I also have heard that you can use an external power source. I'll check when it arrives. Stay safe my friends!

One of my friends has a mini vault next to his bed. It is a 4 finger operator and when he hits the keys right, it seems to be fast.

Shop GunVault - GunVault GV1000C-DLX Pistol Safe Mini Deluxe #GSGV1000C-DLX

Being near the bottom rung of the economic ladder, I was upset when Stack-On stopped production on their most economic pistol safe.
Link RemovedJust big enough to hold two K-Frame Revolvers.

The next lowest priced one seems out of production, with only a few left in inventory, and at over twice the price of the first. (although it is a bit larger too)

Link Removed

Besides the higher price, I highlighted a key phrase about the button lock safes that everybody seems to adore.

I have a key, and when the pistol is in the safe and I am home, the key is in the lock. Simply twist, open, and fetch.

But now I have a friend who needs one, and they don't seem to make them any more.

Any suggestions?

Sadly, it is hard to get a simple pistol safe that opens with just a key.

I have one, and am thinking about getting something similar for a friend, but not too happy with the choices.

I posted a more detailed version of this question the other day, but seemed to have run afoul of some rule, and it went into moderation.

So I am just wondering if anyone can point me to a simple key locked box that I can screw down for less than about fifty bucks.

I have one, and am thinking about getting something similar for a friend, but not too happy with the choices.

I posted a more detailed version of this question the other day, but seemed to have run afoul of some rule, and it went into moderation.

So I am just wondering if anyone can point me to a simple key locked box that I can screw down for less than about fifty bucks.

Do you have an ammo box?

Link Removed

AmmoLock

That's because most people want them for quick access even at night, so the key is not a good choice for most people.

Do you have an ammo box?
[pic]
[AmmoLock]

That's because most people want them for quick access even at night, so the key is not a good choice for most people.

While that isn't exactly what I had in mind, it is a solution to another problem I hand in mind, so thanks!

I leave the key in the lock of the pistol safe when I am asleep, so access is just as quick as those others, but I do understand your point.

I bought a VLine simplex wall safe for that exact purpose. The simplex lock is reliable. It is purely mechanical and opens fast evertime.

Semper Fidelis

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back