single gun safe????

Although this thread started over two years ago, I would like to offer a quick advise to anyone looking into the GunVault MiniVault or MultiVault.

The older models run on 8 AA batteries and are notorious for running out of power, requiring to manually open the safe with a key and replacing the batteries (see the amazon.com reviews for details). The newer models run on a single 9V battery and are generally more reliable. Be aware that some companies are still selling the older models. They are cheaper, but for a reason.

If you consider the GunVault MiniVault or MultiVault, spend the extra money for the Deluxe version. It has an external power connector and uses the battery as a backup only in case of a power outage. Also, the Deluxe version is the only one with a motion detector. So, if someone tries to pry it out from wherever you mounted it, its motion alarm will go off. The Standard and the significantly more expensive Biometric versions don't have that.

My GunVault MiniVault Deluxe has been working fine since I bought it a year ago.

Old tread all our kids are gone, with own homes guns and safe, pistol/light on night stand, shotgun next to same, ballistic vest on jacket holder, dogs bark, alarm sounds, lights come on no access to open storage, when expecting guest weapons in safe, pistol on hip.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back