Signs of the End of the Age & The Last Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look forward to scoffing you in 2019.

I don't intend to be here, and I know you won't be where I am.

I have no idea what year it will happen but, when it does, I sincerely doubt there will be much scoffing.

I must disagree with this OG. Saddly the Doubters, Unbelievers and the Atheists will scoff even when they are going into Hades!

I have found these people will never admit they were wrong on anything!

Yep, I did say that the September time frame seemed to be correct timing and that I would not disagree with it. I said "seems to be," not that it would occur. I've never proffered an exact time or date nor am I backpedaling now. It seemed to be possible then and, given the current world situation, it seems to be possible at any time now. Again, let me draw you a picture since you have a hard time understanding, it still seems possible and that possibility still falls within the time frame of the Bible. You seem to consider yourself to be of superior intellect because you don't believe in God and that those who do are foolish. OK, I'll be foolish for God everyday. I do believe in Him and your thoughts on the matter are of no consequence to me.

Speaking of foolish, let's use your favorite example, Pascal's Wager. Very easy to understand in it's simplicity and that may be the very reason you either don't understand it or refuse to accept it. He said: "Men despise religion.They hate it and are afraid it may be true. The cure for this is first to show that religion is not contrary to reason, but worthy of reverence and respect. Next make it attractive, make good men wish it were true, and then show that it is." His final statement was that men should believe because you are wagering your very soul on the outcome. That being said, isn't it better to believe in God and receive eternal salvation than to not believe and receive eternal damnation? Only a fool would reject the wager and not believe in God!

Yep, I did say that the September time frame seemed to be correct timing and that I would not disagree with it. I said "seems to be," not that it would occur. I've never proffered an exact time or date nor am I backpedaling now. It seemed to be possible then and, given the current world situation, it seems to be possible at any time now. Again, let me draw you a picture since you have a hard time understanding, it still seems possible and that possibility still falls within the time frame of the Bible. You seem to consider yourself to be of superior intellect because you don't believe in God and that those who do are foolish. OK, I'll be foolish for God everyday. I do believe in Him and your thoughts on the matter are of no consequence to me.
Yea, yea, and the next one your hang your hat on, we'll hear the same "feels good"..... followed by "could have"...

So how about the latest "guess" of 2018? You in....

OBTW, I call bull excrement on that also....

Speaking of foolish, let's use your favorite example, Pascal's Wager. Very easy to understand in it's simplicity and that may be the very reason you either don't understand it or refuse to accept it. He said: "Men despise religion.They hate it and are afraid it may be true. The cure for this is first to show that religion is not contrary to reason, but worthy of reverence and respect. Next make it attractive, make good men wish it were true, and then show that it is." His final statement was that men should believe because you are wagering your very soul on the outcome. That being said, isn't it better to believe in God and receive eternal salvation than to not believe and receive eternal damnation? Only a fool would reject the wager and not believe in God!

Again you are clueless. I can't really express how utterly absurd your view of how non-believers view religion .... I know it is not true, but you and millions operate under the delusion, as a very large group of willfully ignorant people do pose the greatest threat to mankind's future aside from events totally beyond man's control, such as the Yellowstone Caldera or a large meteor with our name on it.

Just more of your Pascal's wager bull crap, baseless and utterly desperate, for your have nothing else to offer to support the existence of your sky daddy.

It amazes me that you are so arrogant and seem to think that those who believe in God are clueless. Since you know it is not true, would you be so kind as to enlighten us how you seem to think you are the absolute authority who is able to debunk religion? XD, you are just like everyone else on here. None of us have the corner on knowledge of religion but you spout your BS, not on any absolute premise other than your own opinion, which in the end, has no more validity than that of anyone else. Science can not disprove our religion. We can't all speak of the OT writings being wrong but only disagree with what one thinks may be in error. The Bible says all happened in seven days but, my question to you is, how does God measure time? I don't know nor do you so we could argue that point ad infinitum. There are things in the Bible that we all find mysterious but have to take in faith. I don't worry about things I don't have the answer for. It is the things I do know that keep me busy and we see verification of the Bible on a daily basis. Whether you believe or not is your little red wagon and you will have to pull it. For those of us who do believe, we look forward to the return of Jesus with great anticipation. WE do have something to look forward to after our life on earth is over. You love to quote Pascal's Wager but seem to get upset when it is used as a rebuttal to your arguments. Damn old son, you can't have it your way every time. Talk about desperate!

a) First half (sentence) fulfillment: Here Jesus introduces the Church Age as "the acceptable year of The Lord." This period ends only when Jesus removes the church at the Rapture at the end of "The acceptable year of The Lord" - Jubilee 2015/2016. Our generation will be its 69th year then and thus fulfills Jesus' promise to appear before our generation passes away (Matt 24:32-34).

b). Second half (sentence) fulfillment: "the day of vengeance of our God" therefore begins at the Rapture and ends at the end of the Tribulation.

THE RAPTURE IS GOD'S DIVINE EVENT SEPARATING THESE TWO "AGES."

Therefore the forthcoming 2015-2016 Jubilee year is both: "The acceptable year of the Lord" - liberty via the Rapture (for the wise virgins Matt 25:10). "and the day of vengeance of our God" - judgment via the Rapture (for the foolish virgins).

The year of liberty and judgment for the "virgins" is literally at the door. We get to choose before the Rapture which one we are! Time is running out and we might not have until sometime in 2016 to get ready...LET'S LIVE RAPTURE READY TODAY.

Of all the bible quotes, where again did it say 70 years exactly? Aren't people living to be 100+ nowadays? I've worked with a lot of them.

Psalm 90:10, King James Version (KJV)

10 The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

The Bible doesn't say seventy years exactly. This reference explains that there is the possibility of additional years.

It amazes me that you are so arrogant and seem to think that those who believe in God are clueless. Since you know it is not true, would you be so kind as to enlighten us how you seem to think you are the absolute authority who is able to debunk religion? XD, you are just like everyone else on here. None of us have the corner on knowledge of religion but you spout your BS, not on any absolute premise other than your own opinion, which in the end, has no more validity than that of anyone else. Science can not disprove our religion. We can't all speak of the OT writings being wrong but only disagree with what one thinks may be in error. The Bible says all happened in seven days but, my question to you is, how does God measure time? I don't know nor do you so we could argue that point ad infinitum. There are things in the Bible that we all find mysterious but have to take in faith. I don't worry about things I don't have the answer for. It is the things I do know that keep me busy and we see verification of the Bible on a daily basis. Whether you believe or not is your little red wagon and you will have to pull it. For those of us who do believe, we look forward to the return of Jesus with great anticipation. WE do have something to look forward to after our life on earth is over. You love to quote Pascal's Wager but seem to get upset when it is used as a rebuttal to your arguments. Damn old son, you can't have it your way every time. Talk about desperate!

It amazes me that you're are so arrogant that you continue to tell me that I am going to hell for simply not believing in your fairy tale. And yet again in this post, more nonsense about the repercussions of not buying the hype of religion. The repercussion of that is a mind free of the nonsense of religion, and the blind stupid hatred of group of people simply because you find some obscure passage in your babble that teaches you to hate.

There are two types of people that can't think their way our of the bible, those that can't, and those that won't. And that is why Pascal's Wager plays such a role in keeping your mind captive, you fear the same nonsense you keep threatening me with, based on absolutely nothing, classic symptoms of Stockholm Syndrome.

And your constant attempt to turn this around to my shortcomings, I'm not upset, I'm not desperate, I don't fear your imaginary friend, but I am also aware of the truth found in Voltaire's quote; “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”

10 The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

The Bible doesn't say seventy years exactly. This reference explains that there is the possibility of additional years.
I actually went and read that. I started off at verse one. I'm no Bible scholar but even I can see that it's not saying what you're implying. It's just trying to impart that God's view of time is different from ours. It's just using that age as an example of how long we live in comparison to the vast time God lives. Its not implying that we live that long. It's just an example. Taking anything more from that passage is just man's way of twisting the Bible's words to meet his own expectations.

Correct OG. There are four absolutes here. One being that if we live past 70 years we're on overtime. Second, many can live to be 80, and as we all over 70 can attest to, those extra 10 years can really be a struggle. Third being that 80 years from 1948 is the absolute limit pertaining to God's Prophetic Timeline. Fourth being that it's not God who is the author of confusion, God means what He says and says what He means.

If you're going to take Psalms literally, you have to take the rest of the old testament literally too. This is where slaves, stonings, and beating women is acceptable.

Deuteronomy 23:1

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary​

Verse 1. - Mutilation was performed by the two methods here specified - crushing and excision. The exclusion of persons who had suffered this from the congregation, i.e. from the covenant fellowship of Israel, the πολιτεία τοῦ Ισραὴλ (Ephesians 2:12), was due to the priestly character of the nation. Israel was a kingdom of priests (Exodus 19:6), and the admission into it of one in whom the nature of man, as made by God, had been degraded and marred, would have been unfitting; just as all bodily blemish unfitted a man for being a priest, though otherwise qualified (Leviticus 21:16-24). This law, however, was one of the ordinances intended for the period of nonage; it had reference to the outward typical aspect of the Israelitish constitution; and it ceased to have any significance when the spiritual kingdom of God came to be established. Even under the theocracy, eunuchs were not excluded from religious privileges; they could keep God's Sabbaths, and take hold of his covenant, and choose the things pleasing to him, and so be part of the spiritual Israel, though shut out from the fellowship of that which was outward and national (cf. Isaiah 56:4).

Link Removed

Any further information can easily be obtained by conferring with a Rabbi.

Funny how the meaning of this verse isn't taken as-is. Yet the one from Psalms, which is more along the lines of poetry, is.

It is my belief that todays Christians are not bound by things in the Old Testament. Like the food we eat. Ok to eat pork. Ok to drink wine but not to excess.
Ok to marry a divorced woman. etc.

Deuteronomy 23:1
We can't all speak of the OT writings being wrong but only disagree with what one thinks may be in error.

It is my belief that todays Christians are not bound by things in the Old Testament. Like the food we eat. Ok to eat pork. Ok to drink wine but not to excess.
Ok to marry a divorced woman. etc.

Gotta love watching the conflicts between christians and they debate which parts of which books (new vs. old vs. hundreds of other versions) define their nonsense. And in the middle of this mix is a catholic, viewed by some others christian 'sects' as not being christians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back