Signs of the End of the Age & The Last Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to comprehend that some people believe our history as represented in the bible is nothing but a fable and was written purely for entertainment. Those people a millennia or two ago really had some imagination huh? I guess we are all living in an illusion and all historical documents and artifacts are figments of imagination. It is truly sad to see and hear people deny God and Jesus whom suffered the torment of our sins and gave his life so that we could be granted eternal life. So those who deny Christ will be denied heaven and will suffer eternally.

A collection of short stories, often with actual events depicted, does not in any way validate the existence of a god born in the ignorance of man's lack of understanding of what they observed, or think they observed.

Think how terrifying a solar or lunar eclipse must have been to ancient man, unaware of the very simple explanation of what they were observing. Ignorance is the fuel the feeds irrational fear. That was true thousands of years ago, and still today... as you just demonstrated.

“Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” Bertrand Russell

You say ignorance feeds irrational fear, which is understandable. As man progresses in understanding, the fear goes away. With the passage of a couple of thousand years, our ignorance has waned and the Bible does, indeed, validate itself with more learning and understanding. As you said, the Bible does reference actual events. Those actual events and the references to Jesus as our Savior, are sufficient for us and, through faith, we try to live our lives according to His teachings and to be with Him in the afterlife. If you don't believe and accept Jesus as your Savior, that is your decision. I don't know what you expect after your death but I do hope God will have mercy on your soul.

Bible fear
Question: "What does the Bible say about fear?"

Answer: The Bible mentions two specific types of fear. The first type is beneficial and is to be encouraged. The second type is a detriment and is to be overcome. The first type of fear is fear of the Lord. This type of fear does not necessarily mean to be afraid of something. Rather, it is a reverential awe of God; a reverence for His power and glory. However, it is also a proper respect for His wrath and anger. In other words, the fear of the Lord is a total acknowledgement of all that God is, which comes through knowing Him and His attributes.

Fear of the Lord brings with it many blessings and benefits. It is the beginning of wisdom and leads to good understanding (Psalm 111:10). Only fools despise wisdom and discipline (Proverbs 1:7). Furthermore, fear of the Lord leads to life, rest, peace, and contentment (Proverbs 19:23). It is the fountain of life (Proverbs 14:27) and provides a security and a place of safety for us (Proverbs 14:26).

Thus, one can see how fearing God should be encouraged. However, the second type of fear mentioned in the Bible is not beneficial at all. This is the “spirit of fear” mentioned in 2 Timothy 1:7: “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind” (NKJV). A spirit of fearfulness and timidity does not come from God.

However, sometimes we are afraid, sometimes this “spirit of fear” overcomes us, and to overcome it we need to trust in and love God completely. “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love” (1 John 4:18). No one is perfect, and God knows this. That is why He has liberally sprinkled encouragement against fear throughout the Bible. Beginning in the book of Genesis and continuing throughout the book of Revelation, God reminds us to “Fear not.”

For example, Isaiah 41:10 encourages us, “Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” Often we fear the future and what will become of us. But Jesus reminds us that God cares for the birds of the air, so how much more will He provide for His children? “So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows” (Matthew 10:31). Just these few verses cover many different types of fear. God tells us not to be afraid of being alone, of being too weak, of not being heard, and of lacking physical necessities. These admonishments continue throughout the Bible, covering the many different aspects of the “spirit of fear.”

In Psalm 56:11 the psalmist writes, “In God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?” This is an awesome testimony to the power of trusting in God. Regardless of what happens, the psalmist will trust in God because he knows and understands the power of God. The key to overcoming fear, then, is total and complete trust in God. Trusting God is a refusal to give in to fear. It is a turning to God even in the darkest times and trusting Him to make things right. This trust comes from knowing God and knowing that He is good. As Job said when he was experiencing some of the most difficult trials recorded in the Bible, “Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him” (Job 13:15 NKJV).

Once we have learned to put our trust in God, we will no longer be afraid of the things that come against us. We will be like the psalmist who said with confidence “…let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you” (Psalm 5:11).

Scared little children, it is just a fable.

Remember the monster under your bed when you were a kid? Remember how adults told you about Santa, the easter bunny, the tooth fairy?

Remember your friend the devil under your bed when you were a kid and the FEAR OF DEATH IN HELL that has haunted you ever since? A scared little child then and a scared big child you are today, HELL is not a fable. Remember how your loving Christian neighbor tried to comfort you with the truth of Jesus the Christ , His gift of salvation and His peace in Heaven for all eternity? Still today, poor pathetic XD's ONLY HOPE is that there is NO AFTERLIFE, and your GREATEST FEAR is that THERE IS! Why else would you try so hard to convince everyone, "especially yourself", that something you don't believe exists really doesn't exist??? You can say you know for sure, "but unless your actions start matching your words, it's pure hypocrisy".

"It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment"

"And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire".

"And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night"...​

FRY, SIZZLE & BURN
NO HOPE FOREVER & EVER & EVER...
Link Removed

~ Everyone In HELL Is A Believer, It's Just Too Late ~

You say ignorance feeds irrational fear, which is understandable. As man progresses in understanding, the fear goes away. With the passage of a couple of thousand years, our ignorance has waned and the Bible does, indeed, validate itself with more learning and understanding. As you said, the Bible does reference actual events. Those actual events and the references to Jesus as our Savior, are sufficient for us and, through faith, we try to live our lives according to His teachings and to be with Him in the afterlife. If you don't believe and accept Jesus as your Savior, that is your decision. I don't know what you expect after your death but I do hope God will have mercy on your soul.

Bible fear

Answer: The Bible mentions two specific types of fear. The first type is beneficial and is to be encouraged. The second type is a detriment and is to be overcome. The first type of fear is fear of the Lord. This type of fear does not necessarily mean to be afraid of something. Rather, it is a reverential awe of God; a reverence for His power and glory. However, it is also a proper respect for His wrath and anger. In other words, the fear of the Lord is a total acknowledgement of all that God is, which comes through knowing Him and His attributes.

Fear of the Lord brings with it many blessings and benefits. It is the beginning of wisdom and leads to good understanding (Psalm 111:10). Only fools despise wisdom and discipline (Proverbs 1:7). Furthermore, fear of the Lord leads to life, rest, peace, and contentment (Proverbs 19:23). It is the fountain of life (Proverbs 14:27) and provides a security and a place of safety for us (Proverbs 14:26).

Thus, one can see how fearing God should be encouraged. However, the second type of fear mentioned in the Bible is not beneficial at all. This is the “spirit of fear” mentioned in 2 Timothy 1:7: “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind” (NKJV). A spirit of fearfulness and timidity does not come from God.

However, sometimes we are afraid, sometimes this “spirit of fear” overcomes us, and to overcome it we need to trust in and love God completely. “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love” (1 John 4:18). No one is perfect, and God knows this. That is why He has liberally sprinkled encouragement against fear throughout the Bible. Beginning in the book of Genesis and continuing throughout the book of Revelation, God reminds us to “Fear not.”

For example, Isaiah 41:10 encourages us, “Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” Often we fear the future and what will become of us. But Jesus reminds us that God cares for the birds of the air, so how much more will He provide for His children? “So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows” (Matthew 10:31). Just these few verses cover many different types of fear. God tells us not to be afraid of being alone, of being too weak, of not being heard, and of lacking physical necessities. These admonishments continue throughout the Bible, covering the many different aspects of the “spirit of fear.”

In Psalm 56:11 the psalmist writes, “In God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?” This is an awesome testimony to the power of trusting in God. Regardless of what happens, the psalmist will trust in God because he knows and understands the power of God. The key to overcoming fear, then, is total and complete trust in God. Trusting God is a refusal to give in to fear. It is a turning to God even in the darkest times and trusting Him to make things right. This trust comes from knowing God and knowing that He is good. As Job said when he was experiencing some of the most difficult trials recorded in the Bible, “Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him” (Job 13:15 NKJV).

Once we have learned to put our trust in God, we will no longer be afraid of the things that come against us. We will be like the psalmist who said with confidence “…let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you” (Psalm 5:11).
Link Removed

Bible fear

👍

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

Remember your friend the devil under your bed when you were a kid and the FEAR OF DEATH IN HELL that has haunted you ever since? A scared little child then and a scared big child you are today, HELL is not a fable. Remember how your loving Christian neighbor tried to comfort you with the truth of Jesus the Christ , His gift of salvation and His peace in Heaven for all eternity? Still today, poor pathetic XD's ONLY HOPE is that there is NO AFTERLIFE, and your GREATEST FEAR is that THERE IS! Why else would you try so hard to convince everyone, "especially yourself", that something you don't believe exists really doesn't exist??? You can say you know for sure, "but unless your actions start matching your words, it's pure hypocrisy".

"It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment"

"And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire".

"And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night"...​

FRY, SIZZLE & BURN
NO HOPE FOREVER & EVER & EVER...
Link Removed
~ Everyone In HELL Is A Believer, It's Just Too Late ~[/CENTER]

Like it.

Remember your friend the devil under your bed when you were a kid and the FEAR OF DEATH IN HELL that has haunted you ever since?

Unlike you, and likely many I was not taught the irrational nonsense of hell and a wrathful bastard you refer to as god, sadly by the people a child trusts most.

Parents lacking the ability to parent turn to fear to keep the normal childhood exploration in check. Santa is watching, you better be good or you will only get coal in your stocking, god is watching and you will burn in hell..... the failure of parenting often crossing the line of mental abuse of children. And now as an adult, it causes you to vent with irrational hatred against others merely because they have different views. The only hell is the one you have created for yourself in the hear and now.

No fear my poor friend.... but empathy for the demons and hatred that haunt your mind... how miserable you must be, and how vehemently you will deny that reality.

The progression of understanding is the greatest threat to religion. Yet ignorance is a tough nut to crack... as a mere 415 years ago Bruno was burned at the stake for daring to expose the idea that earth (man) was not the center of the universe. Copernicus didn't publish his evidence that earth was not the center of the universe until he was on their death bed out of the fear of the reaction by the church. Galileo, however, attracted the attention of the Inquisition, and was found guilty of heresy, forbidden to publish, and sentenced to house arrest for life.

Men wrote your book that has so dominated the though processes of millions, mere men, men with fears, phobias, bias, agendas, and per-conceived ideas wrote your book, and real events crept into their stories. People believe they have seen extraterrestrial aliens, and have written about at length, so why not gods? It in no way validates the existence of either, but religion has trumpeted one person's belief so many times it has become the cult know as religion.

What do I expect after my death... nothing. It is man's arrogance and desperation that we (as a species) are special and a cop out to the finality of death that afterlife in any form was invented by man. You and I, and the ant I washed down the kitchen sink earlier tonight, all have the same fate.... nothing after death. I'm good with that... that's why I choose to live in the hear and now. How sad for those that I see post the fantasy that they are ready for their god to end the world, how sad for mankind, how miserable they must be in their own personal hell they have created.

The progression of understanding is the greatest threat to religion. Yet ignorance is a tough nut to crack... as a mere 415 years ago Bruno was burned at the stake for daring to expose the idea that earth (man) was not the center of the universe. Copernicus didn't publish his evidence that earth was not the center of the universe until he was on their death bed out of the fear of the reaction by the church. Galileo, however, attracted the attention of the Inquisition, and was found guilty of heresy, forbidden to publish, and sentenced to house arrest for life.

Men wrote your book that has so dominated the though processes of millions, mere men, men with fears, phobias, bias, agendas, and per-conceived ideas wrote your book, and real events crept into their stories. People believe they have seen extraterrestrial aliens, and have written about at length, so why not gods? It in no way validates the existence of either, but religion has trumpeted one person's belief so many times it has become the cult know as religion.

What do I expect after my death... nothing. It is man's arrogance and desperation that we (as a species) are special and a cop out to the finality of death that afterlife in any form was invented by man. You and I, and the ant I washed down the kitchen sink earlier tonight, all have the same fate.... nothing after death. I'm good with that... that's why I choose to live in the hear and now. How sad for those that I see post the fantasy that they are ready for their god to end the world, how sad for mankind, how miserable they must be in their own personal hell they have created.

The progression of understanding!

Today...721,955 babies aborted for convenience, sale or research so far this year. Those that think there is nothing after death figure this is NO BIG DEAL.

WOW pretty sure we are glad we made it though?

Edit: total changed before I could finish the post...721,986

Unfortunately there must be more orders.

The progression of understanding!

Today...721,955 babies aborted for convenience, sale or research so far this year. Those that think there is nothing after death figure this is NO BIG DEAL.

WOW pretty sure we are glad we made it though?

Edit: total changed before I could finish the post...721,986

Unfortunately there must be more orders.

Your first mistake is to think that because I don't believe in fairy tales, that I am OK with abortions.

Lying for Jesus... how christian of you.... how desperate you are, you have chosen the same tactic that the liberal anti-gun, anti-2A loons use, that of using bull **** numbers. And it is safe to assume that most of the abortions performed are chosen by christians.

Nationally, there are about 1.3 million abortions each year, which works out to 3,562 abortions each day, according to the New England Journal of Medicine.

And how many spontaneous abortions, commonly refereed to as miscarriages did you god cause today?

Your first mistake is to think that because I don't believe in fairy tales, that I am OK with abortions.

(? 😨)

Lying for Jesus...

(How?)

how christian of you....

(This should be good! Please explain)

how desperate you are, you have chosen the same tactic that the liberal anti-gun, anti-2A loons use, that of using bull **** numbers.

(I thought anti 2A exaggerate numbers...I stated more conservative numbers than you stated below! Does that make me desparate or does it make you desparate? Please clarify.)

And it is safe to assume that most of the abortions performed are chosen by christians.

(How?)

Nationally, there are about 1.3 million abortions each year, which works out to 3,562 abortions each day, according to the New England Journal of Medicine.

And how many spontaneous abortions, commonly refereed to as miscarriages did you god cause today?

(Is that like human spontaneous combustion?)

Farmhood,
In your comment starting, "Sin Whispers", it is like God was speaking directly at or to XD40 ad his ilk of atheist minions. This proves God knew him before he was born.

Farmhood,
In your comment starting, "Sin Whispers", it is like God was speaking directly at or to XD40 ad his ilk of atheist minions. This proves God knew him before he was born.

Sin and hardened hearts. We see it every day. *"And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold"

A Time of Great Deception

A Time of Great Deception
If you wish to know what is in store in the near future, you need look no further than the Pope’s upcoming address to the United Nations slated for this month of September in the United States regarding their new push of the incredibly evil Agenda 2030, which replaces the old, really bad Agenda 21. It is totalitarianism on steroids.

Link Removed

Farmhood
Amen on that. XD40 is an excellent example of the evil that can take over a persons heart and spirit.

*The high priest then asked Jesus about His disciples and His doctrine.*Jesus answered him, “I spoke openly to the world. I always taught in synagogues and in the temple, where the Jews always meet, and in secret I have said nothing. *Why do you ask Me? Ask those who have heard Me what I said to them. Indeed they know what I said.”*And when He had said these things, one of the officers who stood by struck Jesus with the palm of his hand, saying, “Do You answer the high priest like that?”*Jesus answered him, “If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil; but if well, why do you strike Me?”

The Great Escape

The Great Escape

Nonbelievers love to complain about how prophetic-minded Christians are fascinated with dire circumstances. We folks who work to draw the world's attention to prophecy are indeed prophets of doom. The Bible repeatedly warns of an approaching time of unimaginable wrath, so like it or not, doom is coming our way. During The Tribulation, famine, natural disasters, war, and disease will create the greatest period of suffering in all of human history. "For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be" (Mat. 24:21). There is one simple reason The Tribulation is going to be so horrific. God will be putting forth His best effort to get man's attention. Every time we read in Scripture that God has poured out His wrath on the earth, we also read the observation that man had refused to repent for his evil deeds. If you add up the judgments described in the Book of Revelation, at least two-thirds of the worlds population will be wiped out. Jesus said if He didn't return at the end of The Tribulation to end the fighting, no one would be saved. If you look at the daily news page on any of the main prophecy sites, you'll find probably around 90 percent of the posted news articles deal with every type of calamity under the sun.

I find it odd that I'm not asked by more people as to why I'm so eager to post bad news. A side to man loves to wallow in negativity, but my motivations are all positive. Before The Tribulation begins, all believers are going to be supernaturally caught up to Heaven. This is the “BLESSED HOPE” that the Apostle Paul spoke of in the Book of Titus:"Looking for that BLESSED HOPE, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13). Most post-Trib folks abhor the idea of a pre-Tribulation RAPTURE. Because it doesn't involve suffering for our faith, the pre-Tribulation RAPTURE is something they can't accept. I could argue, "What business do they have telling God how to conduct His affairs?" However, I do partly agree that a price will need to be paid. To qualify for the RAPTURE, you have to be a believer. A large portion of the population will greatly regret missing the RAPTURE. If it were made known that the RAPTURE of the Church was going to take place tomorrow, I would expect everyone to be on his or her knees tonight confessing sins. After the RAPTURE, I firmly believe one of the greatest shockers is going to be how many people were found unworthy.

"Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man" (Luke 21:36).

~ISRAEL...God's Prophetic Timepiece ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back