Sig Sauer P220 45

Aslan

My favorite handgun is a Sig Sauer P220 45 caliber. I find it highly accurate, and a pleasure to fire with minimal kick for so powerful a weapon. It is not a good conceal carry gun, however, although I have carried it with an in-trousers concealment holster. Its a bit heavy for concealed carry, and not convenient to carry, so that's why keep it more for home defense, while I frequently carry a S&W titanium 38 special, the best concealment weapon I have found in this caliber.

Yep, it's a good pistol. I have 2 of them in my collection and they are quality as usual for Sig and accurate. The Louisiana State Police and the Wildlife and Fisheries Enforcement Division issues the P220 for duty use. Many of these officers also have Sig P245's or the P220 compacts for off-duty use.

I've owned one before and sold it. I'm a Sig fan, but I want them to use a double stack in their .45 ACP offerings in the classic line.

I don't care for the DA/SA operation with a .45 ACP cartridge. a 9mm Luger is different, but I would prefer a single action 1911 chambered in .45 ACP for home defense.

Just my .02

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back