Sig Sauer Academy

rock919

I am interested in takeing lessons at the Sig Sauer Academy. I realize the company makes a great product because I own one. I have seen the academy on You Tube and on their web site. I would like to know if anybody has taken a course at the academy and if they did what did they like or did not like about it? What state did you take it in? Your response would be appreciated.

I'd like to try it out, but everything I've seen is on the East coast. I'm sure that the instruction is top-notch to be put on by Sig.

I am interested in takeing lessons at the Sig Sauer Academy.

You can find information on their website. Click here.

I just found out that I have to carry a Sig P226 on my next assignment. I'm not thrilled... I'm a huge H&K fan. BUT, at least it's a Sig! I know they make great guns—very comparable to my H&K—the 226 is just slightly thinner and doesn't feel as good in hand as my USP! Oh well!

Good luck! :)

Sig Sauer Academy experience

I went to the Sig Sauer Academy in January for the Intermediate Concealed Carry course. It was one of the best things I've done. The instructor was an expert+ and it was not only fun but very educational. Two days, manageable pace and lots of shooting, all indoors. If you carry a gun, you NEED this course. Top notch, thanks Sig!

Which Area For The Class

I appreciate your positive response. What state did you take your course in?

I appreciate your positive response. What state did you take your course in?

The actual Academy is in Epping, New Hampshire.. I believe they use a places in Midland, VA called Range 82, US Shooting Academy and another place; they don't have all of their classes at those off-site training centers.

I have taken the Basic Handgun Orientation and Basic Practical Handgun Skills class. I will be taking the Intermediate Practical Handgun Skills and another this spring.

Both classes were great, Instructors and Co-Instructors were a wealth of information and very funny. The only thing i didn't like was that there wasn't enough time after for discussion or What if questions. That lack of time i believe was mostly because other students of the class were not on the same page as the rest, which slowed everyone down. But we all had fun and left with the same amount of holes we came in with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back