Sig P226--What's So Great?

localgirl

What's so great about the Sig Sauer P226? I have noticed a lot of people have one, want one, or swear by one. What makes it stand out from similar models from different manufacturers?

Each to his own but I don't have one, want one or swear by the Sig P226. I have fired them and they are good guns. Just seem too bulky and heavy to me for everyday carry.

-Long, positive track record for proven reliability.
-Built to endure a lot of use.
-At least the old ones are well built using minimum MIM parts.
-Very accurate.
-FWIW, "tacticool" factor that some special forces units use them at times.
-Quite possibly could have been the sidearm that replaced the m1911 for the military if it was cheaper to manufacture and outfit the troops and armories than the Beretta was(American rifleman Dec 09).

Need I go on?

-Long, positive track record for proven reliability.
-Built to endure a lot of use.
-At least the old ones are well built using minimum MIM parts.
-Very accuracy.
-FWIW, "tacticool" factor that some special forces units use them at times.
-Quite possibly could have been the sidearm that replaced the m1911 for the military if it was cheaper to manufacture and outfit the troops and armories than the Beretta was(American rifleman Dec 09).

Need I go on?

Got it. Much thanks.

The Sig P226 is all that, but it is mostly a duty gun. Localgirl if you want to go Sig and want a smaller footprint. You may want to go with the P239 or the P229. some P220 carry are also thin enough that you can carry every day. but they are heavy.

I have my old P228 and a new P229 they work well. Some of the newer models are showing issues with QC but they are working on them.

Yes, the other sigs are just as great just don't have as much publicity. To sum it up about sigs... you pull the trigger, they go bang. Nuff said.

I have no experience with the P226, but I do love my little P250 sub compact in 9mm. Great pistol. And the interchangeability of it fun.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back