Shoulder Holster

clay5769

Hi all new guy to the forum I have been carrying for a while now but less then a year.
I did carry a side arm in the army many many moons ago.
I have been though about every type of holster IWB OWB Belly bands paddle type,even the concealment shirts I could go on and on
My question is before I go dump a bunch of money into a shoulder holster who out here knows
of a good well hidden shoulder holster I carry either my Taurus PT 145 or S&W model 642
or EAA K frame .357 magnum
I have tried a few different shoulder holsters with no luck as far as concealment and comfort:cray:

While I have no experience with your kind of wheel gun, I can say that the Galco shoulder holster is well worth the money spent for my Ruger P89. It is easy to adjust and fits well. I know that the Ruger is there, it is only the realization of the weight. A light jacket over the rig does a fine job of concealment.

Willie

I have tried a couple of shoulder rigs that theoretically, seemed ideal. What I discovered was they don’t conceal as well as I expected. Likewise, the design pretty much allows the gun to dance around a bit, especially when you reach out or downward. I had one with tie-downs but it was still a PITA....for me anyway.

Thanks all
I have bought a bunch of cheap shoulder holsters and they were junk :fie::to_pick_ones_nose::wacko:
and as always I ended up paying more for the 3 cheaps ones combined then if I had gotten a good leather one
Story of my life try to be cheap and end up in the long run spending more ..So I just ordered a JR212H Galco Jackass shoulder Holster
I have read that is is a good concealed holster and I always wear real baggy Hawaiian style shirts or just baggy ones in general
It is For my model 1911 45 I have a few that carry other them my revolver that is in my profile picture.
I have some real nice holsters paddle types and IWB and OWB but I have not had any luck so far with a shoulder holster I hope this one is it..:hang3:

I like the older Smith and Wesson shoulder rigs that actually hold the weapon upsidedown under your arm. The down side is that they are always pointing at your armpit.

Not a Fan

I've never been a fan of shoulder holsters. I've tried a couple. Never found one that didn't print through everything I tried to cover it with. Those straps across the upper back are just about impossible to hide.

And "concealed" does mean "concealed." :pleasantry:

I'll stick with my IWB and a good stout belt.

I routinely use a shoulder rig (from El Paso Saddlery) when I can but in the very warm south, it's only a few months a year since a jacket or other "cover" in hot weather would be obvious. I find it fits very well when you order the rig to fit a particular gun ( in my case, a Kimber Procarry). Iit does "bounce" a bit with no tie downs but not noticeably. It's more comfortable than other holsters when driving, sitting or walking but probably not in a frantic foot race.

I have a couple, a Miami Vice from Galco and a Double gun rig from custom holster maker Andrews out of FL. They are both very well made but to me all shoulder holsters are not very comfortable. Neither of the above mentioned holsters were made for my currant carry guns so are not worn at this time.

I carry my Ruger GP-100 .357 4" in a Bianchi X-15 sholder rig and love it.

Conceals well under a cover shirt, vest or jacket. This rig carries totally vertical with the barrel down so the butt is under your arm. It draws by by sliding the gun forward through a spring slot as opposed to upward so you just pull the gun down and then out, very nice.

The same holster will work with autos, though I have had better luck with the revolver in it.

Well, I no sooner make notice that I don’t care for them and I see that you like the X15. I didn’t think anyone used that old thing anymore. Fact is, it’s the only one I ever did like back in the 70’s when I was a LEO.

John Bianchi’s home was about a mile from my place. I met him a few times and I attended to his daughter while she was in the hospital. Ok, that’s a bit off topic but it simply caused me to lament. Anyway, I really do miss Bianchi’s designs. In fact, I think your post just inspired me to order one for my 640... just for old time sake ~

I use the Bianchi for my Sig P220 and the Galco Jackass with a Kimber 1911 - but only when it's cold out to where a jacket or coat is required. The Jackass is a really nice comfortable shoulder rig I prefer for almost any scenario I can justify an outergarment due to the very positive control of the weapon and quick, natural draw action. Too bad it gets hot around here most of the year.

Galco Jackass .

I got the jackass and I like it a lot it I wear it under a baggy Hawaiian style shirt it does show a bit but like the law says

Section 790.06 (1), Florida Statutes, defines concealed weapons or firearms as those carried in a manner that conceals them from the ordinary sight of another person. This includes:

I found a great solution.

Like many, I have spent much money and time trying different rigs and none did a good job of concealing my .40 Smith & Wesson SW99 and none were very comfortable. Then I tried the concealed shoulder holster from Gunner Security (Link Removed) . It works perfectly! Even my full-size gun is completely concealed under my arm without switching to a larger sized shirt and it's very comfortable. It's kind of like a bra or a back brace. It velcros around the breast area with straps that come over the shoulders for support. It has a "pocket" on one side that keeps the gun very close to the body and a pocket on the other side for spare mags. I have tried many and this one does the job.

Hi all new guy to the forum I have been carrying for a while now but less then a year.
I did carry a side arm in the army many many moons ago.
I have been though about every type of holster IWB OWB Belly bands paddle type,even the concealment shirts I could go on and on
My question is before I go dump a bunch of money into a shoulder holster who out here knows
of a good well hidden shoulder holster I carry either my Taurus PT 145 or S&W model 642
or EAA K frame .357 magnum
I have tried a few different shoulder holsters with no luck as far as concealment and comfort:cray:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back