Should the NRA sponsor gun-free zone events?

nogods

Link Removed

Ironic...because the Texas Motor Speedway is a gun-free zone in which law abiding licensed concealed carry citizens are not allowed to carry their firearms.

Guests are not allowed to bring these items into Texas Motor Speedway - weapons or firearms, ....

Link Removed

If someone dies or is injured because they can't defend themselves, will the NRA, NASCAR, and Texas Motor Speedway be legally liable?

... and yet the winner gets to put on a cowboy hat and shoot 2 revolvers in the air...

do they actually check people? if I'm not mistaken, gun free zones on private property are just suggestions.

besides, the owner and promoter can simply give people permissions. also, that link doesn't work

... and yet the winner gets to put on a cowboy hat and shoot 2 revolvers in the air...

do they actually check people? if I'm not mistaken, gun free zones on private property are just suggestions.

besides, the owner and promoter can simply give people permissions. also, that link doesn't work
not in texas. state law prohibits firerarms at pro sporting events

Same law in Arkansas. I think ability to reach a large audience outweighs the principle on the gun free zone boycott in this scenario. It is not by the track or Nascar's choice anyway as it is state law. I have been to two races there and no they do not check unless you are going into the pit area. Even then they didn't wand you or anything they just checked bags and such.

Link Removed

Ironic...because the Texas Motor Speedway is a gun-free zone in which law abiding licensed concealed carry citizens are not allowed to carry their firearms.

Link Removed

If someone dies or is injured because they can't defend themselves, will the NRA, NASCAR, and Texas Motor Speedway be legally liable?

Works for me.

Despite its undeniable beginnings as the outgrowth of the Prohibition-era moonshine industry whose workers were always armed, today's NASCAR is fast-becoming a far-left-run organization. The N R A apparently cares more about getting its name on cars and merchandising items than promoting the right (or legal ability as the case may be) to carry. Doesn't surprise me at all, and all the people who have posted screeds about how gun-owners should boycott eBay and other perceived anti-gun companies probably should likewise criticize the N R A for this very typical (for them) move to support restricting rights, rather than defending and/or expanding them if they want to maintain any intellectual credibility. Unfortunately, whenever the N R A is involved, intellectual honesty and credibility are among the hardest to find commodities on the market....from both sides.

Blues

well unfortunately while there are literally thousands of anti gun organizations with political clout there is only one for them. so as imperfect as it might be, I support it. the enemy of my enemy....

well unfortunately while there are literally thousands of anti gun organizations with political clout there is only one for them. so as imperfect as it might be, I support it. the enemy of my enemy....

The enemy of your enemy is sleeping with your enemy, so how much of an enemy can they really be to each other? N R A - Supported NFA '34. N R A - Supported GCA '68. N R A - Supported FOPA '86. N R A - Fought to keep Heller from being brought to SCOTUS, then claimed "victory" for themselves after Second Amendment Foundation won it! Just a month or so ago N R A President Keene said on C-SPAN that the Slide Fire Stock should get more scrutiny from BATFE if they effectively convert from semi to full-auto, which might be a somewhat "reasonable" position to take if BATFE hadn't already cleared the accessory as being within the law and issued a letter to the manufacturer saying so. A little later in the same Q&A session, he said about the same Slide Fire Stock that, "It's illegal, it's a felony, and it should be a felony." If the enemy of your enemy is talking about accessories that have been fully authorized to be non-NFA equipment by the BATFE, is he the enemy of your enemy, or sleeping with your enemy? Is he your friend, or your enemy? Just having to ask the question is enough to keep me from sending them money or speaking in defense of their treacherous betrayals of gun-owners.

They're not only not the "only" organization with political clout who are pro-gun and pro-2A, they're actually much closer to the aforementioned "thousands" of anti-gun organizations in practice. The only difference is that they have 3 or 4 million well-intentioned gun-owners so hypnotized and brainwashed into believing their shtick, that they are erroneously perceived as being pro-gun. Just listen to them even in recent weeks/months, andif you're intellectually honest, you'll see that you've been lied to.

Blues

ok... name ONE. name just one pro gun organization that 10 random strangers in NYC or Los Angeles or San Francisco have heard of other than the NRA.

name one that has the money or the clout or the ears of as many legislators nationally. name one that legislators fear as much.

they may not be purists or conform to your every belief, but they're certainly not anti 2A.

I'm not saying they're perfect. I wish there were hundreds of such organizations out there to cater to every flavor of gun advocate, but there aren't, and undermining the one we have just on principle is not wise.

ok... name ONE. name just one pro gun organization that 10 random strangers in NYC or Los Angeles or San mi Francisco have heard of other than the NRA.

Really? You think Larry Pratt is either a name or a face that most people wouldn't recognize? Do you recognize his name? (Hint: He's probably gotten more YouTube views tearing Piers Morgan a new one than any other pro-gun activist on the planet.)

Maybe this video will give you a hint about how powerful other-than-N-R-A members of the pro-gun lobby are. That's what the local newsman in Oak Harbor, WA said within the first 40 seconds of that report about The Second Amendment Foundation, who, by the way, is also the organization that won both Heller and McDonald with Alan Gura, not Wayne LaPierre or Chris Cox or anyone representing the N R A at the helm.

name one that has the money or the clout or the ears of as many legislators nationally. name one that legislators fear as much.

Like I said before, the 3 to 4 million N R A members are well-intentioned, but deceived into believing the hype about how powerful their numbers make the N R A, or how "feared" they are by legislators and courts etc. How afraid of them are the government hacks in NY, CT, CA, NJ, MD, MA or WA D.C? They're not only not afraid of the N R A, they're freakin' partners with them, which goes much further in explaining why the N R A has the ears of all those tyrants than that the tyrants are afraid of them!

Lets test your theory about how powerful the N R A is using your same debate tactic: Name one 2nd Amendment court case that the N R A has brought and won in its 142 year history. Just one.

Name one state or major city that has so-trembled at the thought of being confronted by this supposedly all-powerful lobby organization, that they repealed highly-restrictive gun control measures that had been in place for decades.

they may not be purists or conform to your every belief, but they're certainly not anti 2A.

You're just plain wrong. I can prove every single example I cite for my reasons for believing that the N R A has betrayed gun-owners rather than supporting us. I've linked to examples here and in other threads, yet for some unexplainable reason, only a handful of people around here acknowledge that multiple betrayals equals them being an anti-2A organization. If you want to lie to yourself, or keep blinders on that the N R A not only put on you, but made you pay for to boot, there's nothing I can do about it.

And it's not that they don't conform to my beliefs, it's that they don't conform to the 2nd Amendment. Like I said, just a month or so ago your .org President said that anyone who buys, installs, or uses a perfectly legal accessory should be made into a felon! What more proof do you need?

They have you so twisted and blinded that you even use the word "purist" as a pejorative, as a way to scoff at the notion that the 2nd Amendment means what it says and is the law of the land. It's completely baffling to me how people can allow themselves to be so thoroughly deceived when the proof that they are is right before their eyes.

I'm not saying they're perfect. I wish there were hundreds of such organizations out there to cater to every flavor of gun advocate, but there aren't.

Again, you're just plain wrong. There are plenty of organizations who have never betrayed you, but you refuse to hear it. And it's not "catering to every flavor of gun advocate" that I'm looking for, it is adhering and catering to the original intent of the 2nd Amendment. Just read it, and if there's any ambiguity you find in its meaning, then I'm perfectly willing to discuss it. I am not willing to pay someone else to further betray that original meaning on "my behalf" though. Why anyone in this country is willing to do that is a complete mystery to me.

You should probably stop editing your post. I saw the one-paragraph version of this post, clicked on it to reply, and saw several paragraphs, including one where you gave the thinly-veiled implication that you think I'm a gun-control advocate trolling this forum just because I don't succumb to the mindless, sycophantic promotions of other forum members on behalf of the N R A. Now that paragraph is gone and the last one that I just replied to is edited different than it was when I started this reply to add the phrase "...and undermining the one we have just on principle is not wise" to the end of it. If a man have no principle worth falling on his sword for, then what the Hell good is having a sword in the first place? It is those who eschew principle in the 2nd Amendment fight that gun-owners should fear the most, and should accuse of being here to promote anti-gun thought, so thanks for exposing yourself with that BS. It is much better to know who the true enemy is, and as it has been for more than a century now, the enemy is us.

Blues

ON this account you are wrong. There is Larry Pratt and Gun Owners of America.

I gotta say, I'm damn discouraged from what I've seen so far.
And I'm the guy who, some months ago, started a thread here on being pro-NRA that hit 19 pages of responses.

But now, as a New Yorker, I am so disgusted with "how things work" that I'm ready to throw all my firearms in the trash along with my copy of the Constitution the dumb-ass Heritage Foundation sent me. I can barely stand to look at them any more.
What's it all for? All I get every day is emails from the NRA and their NY affiliate, the NYSRPA, about "Ooooooooo looky, another county or sheriff just said they don't like what Cuomo did! Seeeee? We're making progress!"
Word from Cuomo or his cronies? Nothing.

I predicted the law would be at least torn apart if not repealed.
But my fellow New Yorkers, the cowering liberals and hoplophobes, are gonna get their way.

Where's all that awe-inspiring 'power', Wayne, you putz?
Thanks for the hat.

Edit- PS - I'm also a member of two other groups, the GOA and the JPFO. They're accomplishing great things, too. Just check You Tube under Piers Morgan. That and a dollar will get you a coffee in Albany.

Really? You think Larry Pratt is either a name or a face that most people wouldn't recognize? Do you recognize his name? (Hint: He's probably gotten more YouTube views tearing Piers Morgan a new one than any other pro-gun activist on the planet.)

agreed. I think Keith Morgan and Larry Pratt are fantastic (I'm an GOA member too) but I'm willing to be if you go to NYC or L.A. of San Francisco and ask 10 random strangers "who is Keith Morgan?" they won't know what you're talking about. a couple of million hits on youtube means nothing. Youtube is a voluntary media and most people who watched that video are already on our side. I hope he's successful and I actually contributed to the organization. I hope it grows and becomes a monster that the gun grabbers fear someday. Today, it's not there yet.

You should probably stop editing your post. I saw the one-paragraph version of this post, clicked on it to reply, and saw several paragraphs, including one where you gave the thinly-veiled implication that you think I'm a gun-control advocate trolling this forum just because I don't succumb to the mindless, sycophantic promotions of other forum members on behalf of the N R A.

hey, that's what the edit button is for. I actually looked at some of your other posts and withdrew my remark. You're definitely not a troll and you feel very strongly about gun rights - as do I. In fact I put my entire carrer and financial wellbeing on the line by quitting my job and moving to a pro-gun state because I got sick of California BS. If you want to bash me for something I decided was wrong and withdrew...well then go right ahead, but hey, I was wrong and I fixed it.

I'm not crazy about the NRA's leadership. I'm also not crazy about how much money they spend giving members free trinkets for joining or publishing magazines, but like it or not, they ARE the 800 pound gorilla in the room and liberals both despise and fear them.

ON this account you are wrong. There is Larry Pratt and Gun Owners of America.

yup... 300,000 members (I am a life member) vs the NRAs 4.5 million... and many of the 300,000 are also NRA members (I am an NRA life member as well) .

I hope someday we'll have two organizations numbering in the millions.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back