Serpa CQC or Sportster?

uscg4good

Hey yall, I'm trying to decide between the CQC or Sportster for my Sig P229 and can't decide which one to get. I need a holster that's going to keep my pistol close to my body as possible. I like the Sportser because it has the paddle that fits inside the pants. I'm just not sure on the differences between the two. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

CQC. I have 4 :Sig P226, Glock 26, Kimber Custom 2, S&W M&P 9L. I love it. the sportster isnt meant really for carry. All the CQC holsters have either the paddle or belt loop attachment. The paddle attachment i think keeps the the firearm closer to your body. I recommend this holster to anyone.

Blackhawk CQC/ SPORTSTER SERPA holsters are considered Level II retention holsters due to the inward pressure fingering of the SERPA button to activate the release of the handgun from the holster.

(Blackhawk also makes a Level 1 off duty CQC holster however, these holsters do not feature SERPA technology and relies solely on holster tension to secure the handgun in the holster.)

The CQC holster can be used for plain clothes work while the SPORTSTER is intended for the occasional shooter. The holsters are the same in every respect as related to gun fit and attachment compatibility. The major difference is the material, attachments included in the packaging and coloring.

CQC holsters are manufactured of carbon fiber while the SPORTSTER is constructed of a polymer material. Carbon fiber is stronger and more durable than polymer.

Another difference between the CQC and the Sportster is what is included in the packaging. Both a paddle and a belt loop attachment is included with a CQC holster while only the paddle attachment is included in the packaging for the SPORTSTER.

CQC holsters come in the colors of Black, Coyote Tan, Foliage Green or OD Green, however of all the colors listed Black is the only color that is available for ALL CQC holster. Coyote Tan, Foliage Green and OD Green are reserved for holsters that fit handguns with a military function (Like Beretta 92/96 but not HK USP Compact).

SPORTSTER holsters only come in an off-black (more akin to a dark gun metal powder gray) finish.

CQC holsters come in both a plain matte finish or a stylish basketweave look finish. There is about a $10 USD price difference between the finish differences. SPORTSTER holsters only come in a plain matte finish.

Blackhawk seems to only offer SERPA style holsters that are generally the "most popular" amongst military, law enforcement and avid shooters. If you have an obscure or custom handgun then you will probably not find a SERPA holster to accomadate you.

CQC Package Contents - Inside the CQC packaging you will recieve a CQC SERPA holster with BOTH a belt loop attachment (fits belts up to 2 inches wide) and an off-duty pants paddle attachment. The belt loop attachment will already be mated to the holster in the packaging. The attachments are easily removed and attached (within 5 minutes for the entire exchange) and are mated to the holster with three threaded phillips head screws. The cant of the holster can also be adjusted.

SPORTSTER Package Contents - Inside the SPORTSTER packaging you will recieve a SPORTSTER SERPA holster with ONLY a paddle attachment. The paddle attachment will already be mated to the holster in the packaging. The attachment is easily removed and is mated to the holster with three threaded phillips head screws. The cant of the holster can also be adjusted.

Wow!! Ask and ye shall receive!

Great info guys, thanks a LOT! I guess it's pretty clear the CQC is the one I'm looking for here. And I guess this holster will keep my pistol close to my body too?

I'm going to place my order through cheaperthandirt.com unless you guys know of a better place.

yes there is a cheaper site and they ship for free. ImpactGuns.com
Blackhawk CQC Serpa Holsters are the best. 90% of the plainclothes cops I work with use the Blackhawk CQC Serpa Holster. It is great.
The holster will keep your firearm as close as possible to yourself. but dont forget that it is a decent size gun so it will pull away from you if you are a little "hefty" (as i am lol). Best holster on the market.

Awesome, I just placed the order tonight. I can't wait to try it out, I'm used to a thumb break type holster, and can't stand fumbling with the snap. It's going to be great just being able to "click" it in place. I'm having it shipped to Ohio because that's where I'll be on vacation, I think I'll try it out in OC.

Hey yall, I'm trying to decide between the CQC or Sportster for my Sig P229 and can't decide which one to get. I need a holster that's going to keep my pistol close to my body as possible. I like the Sportser because it has the paddle that fits inside the pants. I'm just not sure on the differences between the two. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

The Serpa should come with the paddle and belt attachment. Please, I beg you, get the Serpa. Here's why.

You can purchase the rail system that attaches to your paddle or belt attachment for about $5. Then you can add the rail-style modular magazine holders (great option for shooters who shoot single stack and double stack) as well as the light holders...or you can just have one side set up to take a rail-mounted tactical light. Since you'll get the other attachment with the Serpa you can now put it to good use!

I loved the rail system so much that I purchased another rail set so I can have one on a belt set up and one on a paddle depending on the needs for the day.

My order came in and I got the CQC with additional magazine holster. I had it shipped to my vacation spot in Ohio so I'll be wearing it most the time out there. Thanks for the great input guys, I'll update with how I like it when I get up there and wear it for a day or two.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back