Sent off the New Hampshire non-resident application today.

SC Tiger

I finally got around to sending in my non-resident NH CWP application today. We'll see how it goes.

Per their website they have 14 days from the time the receive the application to either issue or deny the permit. The question becomes (I guess) how long after they make the decision before the permit is made and sent out.

I sent mine in yesterday....I hope it comes quickly. I read somewhere on here that it was taking about 17 days. So hopefully that will hold true.

I don't think they run a back ground check or anything like that... just look over the application to make sure you filled it out right..... your S.C. permit is proof that you've passed the background check... so, in reality it is just a 'rubber stamp' permit.

quick question:)

How much was it? where can I get the info and form to do it? and Whats states does it add to a SC cwp?

The NH non resident permit cost $100 and is good for four years. It gives you the needed states for our area. GA, AL and MS among others. If you click on the 'Resources" Tab at the top of the page and select "Reciprocity Map" you can select SC as your state of Residence and NH as non residence. It will show you all the states that are covered with both permits. Here is the NH application. Link Removed Once you get your SC permit just fill out the application with a copy of you SC permit and a $100 check then send it in. You should get your permit in less than a month.

quick question:)

How much was it? where can I get the info and form to do it? and Whats states does it add to a SC cwp?

It was $100 for four years. It adds Alabama, Georgia (the main reason I wanted it), Mississippi, New Hampshire, North Dakota, and Pennsylvania. Basically with the SC/NH combo you can carry west to Arizona, south to Florida and north to Pennsylvania legally - just avoid Maryland and Washington DC. You wind up with a total of 32 states. You will need your SC permit first though.

The Florida permit does basically the same thing but adds Delaware and Washington state, and doesn't give you New Hampshire. I went with the NH permit because it doesn't require a separate class (I took my SC permit class about 8 years ago). The Utah permit gives you basically the same as the FL permit. The Pennsylvania permit doesn't give you Alabama or Mississippi - you only gain Georgia, North Dakota and Pennsylvania.

Just got mine today in the mail...Hey SC Tiger did yours just come in an envelope. Was there any paperwork that came with it?

Just got mine today in the mail...Hey SC Tiger did yours just come in an envelope. Was there any paperwork that came with it?

That's the way I got my original and my renewal. I received another one a couple weeks after I received my renewal because they misspelled Hampshire! It had a letter with it...:biggrin:

I'm glad it's faster now, though much more expensive. Mine took 4 months in 2009, before they raised the price. It cost me less than a box of 380s! I was worried that they were going to tell me to shell out another $80 for it because of the July price change. It doesn't give me much more than what Pennsylvania's gives me state-wise, but for $20 I couldn't say no. If you live in a state with limited reciprocity, $100 for 4 years is still a good deal.

Just the permit - no paperwork or anything. There wasn't even anything to tell me to sign the back of it (you did sign yours, right?) I guess it was pretty obvious. I really think I could have made this thing on my computer, but I'm glad to have it.

I must say that the lady I spoke to on the phone about it was very nice.

I'm glad it's faster now, though much more expensive. Mine took 4 months in 2009, before they raised the price. It cost me less than a box of 380s! I was worried that they were going to tell me to shell out another $80 for it because of the July price change. It doesn't give me much more than what Pennsylvania's gives me state-wise, but for $20 I couldn't say no. If you live in a state with limited reciprocity, $100 for 4 years is still a good deal.

From what I saw it is more of a benefit to SC residents because most of the additional states we get are in the south (GA, MS, AL).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back