Sen. Boxer wants DEPT. OF DEFENSE involved in school safety….

E

ezkl2230

Sen. Boxer wants DEPT. OF DEFENSE to take over school safety….

Sen. Boxer has been a busy woman this session, submitting a couple of anti-gun bills, including S 145, a bill that would get the Dept. Of Defense involved in state school safety matters by deploying NATIONAL GUARD TROOPS to police stations,

Save Our Students Act - Authorizes the Secretary of Defense (DOD) to provide funds to states submitting specified plans for using National Guard personnel to: (1) perform administrative functions normally performed by state and local law enforcement personnel in order to enable such law enforcement personnel to be dispatched to keep schools and students safe from violence, (2) help conduct school security assessments and safety plans, and (3) conduct capital improvements related to enhancing school and student safety. Link Removed, Link Removed

Yes, she is pushing for the military to take over local police functions in the name of school safety.

She also introduced S 147, a bill that would override States' Rights and Constitutional authority by mandating that any state that permits concealed carry "(1) ensure that a local law enforcement agency participates in the process; and (2) require that an applicant be a legal resident of the United States, be not less than 21 years of age, demonstrate good cause for requesting the permit, and demonstrate that he or she is worthy of the public trust to carry a concealed firearm in public," Link Removed, Link Removed, turning "shall issue" states into "may issue" states.

Too bad we don't have a test to determine that LEGISLATORS are worthy of the public trust. Both of these bills are currently in committees, where, hopefully, they will both die.

We need to be contacting our legislators to insure that this happens; these bills cannot be allowed to leave the committees.

Too bad we don't have a test to determine that LEGISLATORS are worthy of the public trust. Both of these bills are currently in committees, where, hopefully, they will both die.

We need to be contacting our legislators to insure that this happens; these bills cannot be allowed to leave the committees.
There wouldn't be many left in CONgress if there was that requirement.

Authorizes the Secretary of Defense (DOD) to provide funds to states submitting specified plans for using National Guard personnel to: (1) perform administrative functions normally performed by state and local law enforcement personnel in order to enable such law enforcement personnel to be dispatched to keep schools and students safe from violence,

Why not use welfare recipients to make them earn their government handouts?

Howdy ezkl,

Sen. Boxer has been a busy woman this session, submitting a couple of anti-gun bills, including S 145, a bill that would get the Dept. Of Defense involved in state school safety matters by deploying NATIONAL GUARD TROOPS to police stations,

Yes, she is pushing for the military to take over local police functions in the name of school safety.

She also introduced S 147, a bill that would override States' Rights and Constitutional authority by mandating that any state that permits concealed carry "(1) ensure that a local law enforcement agency participates in the process; and (2) require that an applicant be a legal resident of the United States, be not less than 21 years of age, demonstrate good cause for requesting the permit, and demonstrate that he or she is worthy of the public trust to carry a concealed firearm in public," Link Removed, Link Removed, turning "shall issue" states into "may issue" states.

Seriously Dude! You need to upgrade from the cheapo dollar store tinfoil to a mil spec grade of lead foil.

You need to reread you "cut & paste" article because nowhere does it say anything about the DOD to "take over school safety".

Paul

I don't much care for either one of those proposals...

Howdy ezkl,

Seriously Dude! You need to upgrade from the cheapo dollar store tinfoil to a mil spec grade of lead foil.

You need to reread you "cut & paste" article because nowhere does it say anything about the DOD to "take over school safety".

Paul
Before insulting EZ you should know what you're talking about. Read the actual bill --> S.145.
Plan Requirement: The Secretary of Defense may provide funds to the Governor of a State who submits to the Secretary a plan for using National Guard personnel for the sole purpose of performing administrative functions otherwise performed by State and local law enforcement personnel for purposes of enabling such law enforcement personnel to be dispatched to keep schools and students safe from violence. The Dept. of Defense will fund the pay, allowances, clothing, subsistence, gratuities, travel, and related expenses, as authorized by State law, of personnel of the National Guard of that State used.
Under regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Defense, personnel of the National Guard of a State may, in accordance with the plan referred to in subsection (c) with respect to the State concerned, be ordered to perform full-time National Guard duty under section 502(f) of this title for the purpose of supplementing State and local efforts to keep schools safe from violence.
There's an old saying...... "Know what you're talking about. Read." When I fund a smaller company I have in effect taken it over. The golden rule is "he who has the gold makes the rules." Without DOD funding and oversight the program doesn't exist. The national guard doesn't work there. THAT is what's meant by taking it over.
I keep asking you why you post here. You never answer. Perhaps you could tell us why this nonsense continues.

Read the actual bill

And THAT is were Stenchgut's problem begins.....
He's not able to read beyond a third grade level(?)..
When I last saw him, he was having difficulty in sounding out "big words"...
Link Removed
Then his battery went dead...
Oh well... That's what he gets for getting kicked out of his moms basement...oops!
I mean his command post!!

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

I wouldn't get too worked up about this bill. She submitted it in January 2013 - that's Thirteen.

0 cosponsors.

Sent to committee to die.

Come on, DoD doesn't have enough money to do it's actual job - where's she gonna find the money to pay for this?

We don't need no stinkin' nationanal guard to protect our kids, we are quite capable ourselves. Boxer you are a complete dolt, just eff off and die already.

So this effing douche nozzle wants to kill the 10th amendment and make shall issue states into may issue? A true commie she is and must be disposed of.

I wouldn't get too worked up about this bill. She submitted it in January 2013 - that's Thirteen.

0 cosponsors.

Sent to committee to die.

Come on, DoD doesn't have enough money to do it's actual job - where's she gonna find the money to pay for this?

No reason to get worked up about it? Sorry, but whether this bill is destined to die or not (and I would tend to agree that it will die in committee), ANY TIME a legislator proposes turning us into a military state that is something to get worked up about.

But the main reason I post this is because the People need to know that such bills are even being contemplated in the first place. There must be a FEW patriots remaining in California who are concerned when such bills are proposed by their elected officials and will get the word out to others. There has been ZERO WORD about the existence of this bill. I came across it purely by accident as I was researching something else.

Whatever happened to "Government of the people, by the people, for the people?".
All I see and read is about bills and laws that are created without the support of the people?
How did this beast get off the leash to terrorize the rest of the neighborhood?

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

Whatever happened to "Government of the people, by the people, for the people?".
All I see and read is about bills and laws that are created without the support of the people?
How did this beast get off the leash to terrorize the rest of the neighborhood?

It died about the same time they stopped being civil servants and " to serve and protect" went to harass and detain

We now have " leaders " ( another name for rulers )

Just ' bout the action Boss...

These douchebags just never quit ?. How do these anti American anti constitution people keep there jobs ?. Wanting to bring a form of the military into the schools for security, are you kidding me, would they be carrying there M4`s so they can shoot any suspicious looking people (or kids) ?, would the students have to pass through a military check point to enter the school ?.
these people are so desperate and so anti gun or anything else, that there pulling any trick they can out of there azz to try anything.

These douchebags just never quit ?. How do these anti American anti constitution people keep there jobs ?. Wanting to bring a form of the military into the schools for security, are you kidding me, would they be carrying there M4`s so they can shoot any suspicious looking people (or kids) ?, would the students have to pass through a military check point to enter the school ?.
these people are so desperate and so anti gun or anything else, that there pulling any trick they can out of there azz to try anything.
Seems more like the bill allows the feds to fund the use of state National Guard troops for administrative tasks, freeing-up local LEO to maintain a better presence with schools. I didn't read the entire bill but I didn't think it intended schools to be staffed by armed troops. Hell the average schmuck leftist thinks our troops are all crazy from PTSD. So many on the left would like to remove gun rights from any vet who saw action.

The next time you see Boxer on the news, observe her eyes and facial expressions closely and then tell me she doesn't look exactly like a pigeon staring at a bright shiny object. There is no intelligent life in that body. As my Dad used to say, "if she had a brain, she'd take it out and play with it".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back