Second Amendment Sales Tax Holiday is November 26-27

Red Hat

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 17, 2010
South Carolina will waive the state’s sales and use tax on purchases of handguns, rifles and shotguns during the third annual Second Amendment Sales Tax Holiday Nov. 26 – 27.

The 48-hour tax break on firearm purchases begins at 12:01 a.m. Nov. 26 and continues through midnight Nov. 27. The tax exemption also applies to any local sales and use tax.

The tax break does not apply to accessories such as ammunition, black powder, holsters, archery supplies and similar items. It also does not apply to the sale of antique or collectible handguns or handguns that do not fire a fixed cartridge.

The South Carolina Department of Revenue has posted a list of exempt and non-exempt items and answers to some of the most frequently asked questions at its website, www.sctax.org, under the “What’s New” section.

Dang it... I wish you had not posted that.... I was planning to go and buy a new rifle today or tomorrow for walking in the woods next Thursday and Friday and now I have to decide if it is worth the tax savings to wait.... if only to make a point.

Lol! Go buy your rifle man how much are you gonna save $30? It might be worth the extra just not have to go shop on those days and put up with all the bs.

Lol! Go buy your rifle man how much are you gonna save $30? It might be worth the extra just not have to go shop on those days and put up with all the bs.
Maybe you are missing a more important point.
One would be that the idea of less taxes translates to more sales, therefore a growing economy. The second is just to point out how many people feel the 2A is very important
Just my thoughts.:pleasantry:

Traditionally I spend the day after Thanksgiving walking the woods of my families farm.... I really have no desire to go 'shopping' on black Friday or what ever the heck they call it... had to do it once with my parents at 5 in the a.m. to Wallmart and kind of like the night 30 or so years agoI spent at a strip club in Atlanta... once was enough for this life time... no desire to do either ever again.... probably just me.

I'll probably give S.C. the extra 15-20 bucks if I find what I'm looking for later today.

Gun Shop or Gun Show

My question is whether I go to the gun shop or gun/knife show this weekend....

I want another hunting rifle that I can bang around:
pushing through in the woods
dragging up the tree stand
sitting in the fog, rain and humidity
but not spend a fortune (<$400)

My Remington 700 and 7400 have really taken their toll over the last 25 years.
I've been using a Remington VTR for the past few years, not really impressed.

Sticking with the 308 caliber - definitely synthetic stock - suggestions for Tax Free Black Friday?

Someone told me HOWA 1500?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back