School officials troubled over guns ON SIGNS BANNING GUNS

Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
Let me see....

School officials don't like to see the picture of a gun. School officials are teaching the kids to be afraid of anything that looks like a gun. Even if it is a pop tart with a couple of bites out of it.

Could it be that our education system is actively indoctrinating a couple of entire generations to fear owning/carrying a gun in order create a future where those in power who most assuredly WILL have guns won't have to worry about any resistance from the brainwashed "guns are bad" commoners?

Could it be most parents either don't realize ... or are afraid to confront... what is going on?
You just now figured that out?
Just like I have been pointing out that there isn't any real difference between the Democratic and the Republican parties agenda for quite sometime I'm merely putting it into words that our kids are being brainwashed for those who haven't figured it out yet.

Oh.. and thank you for being so polite.

I really don’t understand this woman’s mindset. Her concern appears to be that if people see the signs they’ll think that in the past guns have been allowed in the school. Are we really that concerned that someone might see the sign and get their undies in a bunch because they think the school used to allow guns?

Aren't these the same school officials that you say the pro-gun crowd should be catering to, because of their emotional reactions at the sight of our guns?

Aren't these the same school officials that you say the pro-gun crowd should be catering to, because of their emotional reactions at the sight of our guns?

Big difference between a picture and an actual gun.

As for the other, open carrying a gun in a school is a pissing contest you are not going to win. Like I said watch how this plays out

She's right, it could be confusing to people. I thought it meant revolvers only.

Seriously, they should post these instead. I think that would eliminate any misunderstanding of what it means.

Link Removed

Friggin pansies, people like this shouldn`t be working any were in public schools. I would even bet there afraid of there own shadows.

If a law banning guns and signs are supposed to keep people from shooting up schools, then why not just post a sign banning all criminal activity? Then the only bad thing happening in the schools would be what the government is teaching our kids, right?

RIGHT! They should post a sign banning teachers.

I wonder if they put a picture of a pop tart bitten into the shape of a gun on the sign if that would make them feel less troubled ?.

The picture of the gun should have the barrel tied into a knot like Bugs Bunny used to do to Elmer Fudd's gun. The only person offended by that was old Elmer. The rest of us all got a chuckle out of it.

(Sorry I couldn't help myself)

I think they should just have the image of a Pop-tart, chewed into the shape of a gun, with a slash through it.

that seems a far cry from being upset about the picture of the gun - it seems they are upset about the incorrect impression it might convey to the public.

What if restaurants were required to post sings showing a rat with a circle and slash? Or NASCAR had to post signs showing a person having sex with a sheep with a circle and slash? all would be legally and factually correct, but could also be misleading as to the reason for the signs.

I don't know. Mightn't it be reassuring to see a sticker of a cockroach in a red slash circle at the door of a restaurant? It's kind of saying "No cockroaches here." :biggrin:

Gallstones, I assume you are not referring to you average garden baseboard hugging cockroach, since they don't read. But the 2 legged street curb hugging variety my stop coming in, NOT.

She's right, it could be confusing to people. I thought it meant revolvers only.

Seriously, they should post these instead. I think that would eliminate any misunderstanding of what it means.

Link Removed

Too True......................

Cnon

Still as baffling as anything, they'll send a kid home for ripping a corner from a post-it note (looks like a gun), but they will post a picture of a gun with a line through it, and make the entire school a killing field, and there's a cheering section at their PTA meeting for this pro-victimization behavior. WTF?

Still as baffling as anything, they'll send a kid home for ripping a corner from a post-it note (looks like a gun), but they will post a picture of a gun with a line through it, and make the entire school a killing field, and there's a cheering section at their PTA meeting for this pro-victimization behavior. WTF?

WTH, is right......................

Cnom

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back