S&W Shield 40 Range Report

lamerem

Just hit the range! An absolute dream to shoot. Shot 165g and 180g, could not tell a difference between as far as recoil goes. I thought I had a failure to feed but upon further inspection my support hand triggered the mag release. Very accurate, very very accurate. I was taking out clays on the hillside at 65 yards, of course I had to dial it in at that distance but once I did I was able to break 10 of them.

I am confident in its ability to protect me and mine. Yes it is a 40, and snappy but once you can get used to its power you can quickly tame it. I put 200 rounds through it,165g blazer steel, 180g American eagle brass, 180g Winchester white box, and 13 rounds of 180g Speer gold dot(just to be sure of accuracy and cycling)!

If your thinking about this gun, buy it. I have shot and own 9mm's with more recoil.

So many folks let their wrist break and cause a FTF...Got to lock your wrist which will assist the gun in cycling.
I've never held a S&W I didn't like!

Also rest assures I policed my brass. Buying a reloading press in a few months. That'll help lower the cost of ammo!

I had one, but the mag dropped after almost every shot. Needless to say I refuse to ever touch or rely on another one again.

I really like my Shield 40 and have not experienced any problems in the 6 months that I have had it. It is my go to carry.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back