Ruger LCP 380

joenap101

Looking to buy Ruger LCP 380
Any opinions for a pocket pistol

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

The new ones trigger is improved. They have a serial number like this. #####, ###-###. The sights are better as well.

I have it and the bodyguard 380. I carry the LCP the most as @ 10 ounces it's small and light and reliable Not only is the SIG bigger but it's 15 ounces.

Love pocket pistols , I did the g 19, shield, XDS
Too big, heavy and forced me to dress around them , so I never clarified them. Pocket pistols I carry 100% of the time it's legal

No it's not as powerful as a the 9mm, .40 etc. but it's fine for what it is a personal defense handgun ; I am not a cop and don't need to arrest anyone. I will shoot if I have to and run away and call 911.

Lighten Up Francis.

Yep.... one of the worst triggers ever......practice with it and get used to it, it's a great pistol. Otherwise look at other options.

Not a great range gun, very abusive to ones hand. Bought wife one 2 yrs ago for Xmas. Sold it last year because she hated to go to the range with it. She now shoots my XD 40 with no complaints. The XD is nowhere as light but fun to shoot

The new ones trigger is improved. They have a serial number like this. #####, ###-###. The sights are better as well.

I think I need a new one. Mine isn't one of those. It has a LaserMax, but it's the second one and I don't dare trust it to work when I need it to. Better sights would be great. And yeah, the trigger too.

I have both ; the bodyguard seems a bit better made but not worth the extra $$. The biggest upside is it can handle +p if you like to use it.

Of you don't like the recoil, just put a houge grip on it ; Makes a massive difference. The new ones with the "no dash" serial numbers are excellent.

I forget I have it with me, something I could not say before with bigger handguns.

Go Seahawks!

Yep.... one of the worst triggers ever......practice with it and get used to it, it's a great pistol. Otherwise look at other options.

Indeed, totally agree. Mine is for those "Oh snap! Gotta run to the store" occasions. It's perfect for that.

I love the gun, and personally think the people saying the trigger and recoil are unbearable must have more experience with more expensive guns than I can afford. Before Ammo became scarce and overpriced I but 50rds a week through each of my carry guns, (LCP included) and never felt the need to whine about the recoil. Only alteration I made was some white vehicle touch-up paint on the front sight. Looking to get some DIY tritium (night sight) paint for all my guns.

I have two Ruger LPC's, one Keltec, and one Sig P238. The Keltec is the same as the Ruger, bought it 10 years ago or better, and don't carry it anymore. The Ruger LPC's are a more refined gun. I like for there lightness, and easy to colceal. The Sig. P-238 is a nicer gun and is reflected in the price. About twice the price of the LPC. The Sig is a great gun to take to the range. I love shooting it. It also comes with great night sights. The Sig has become my EDC in a Remora clipless holster IWB. If I had to choose with out price consideration the Sig would win.

I have tried the LCP, Keltec, S&W, and Taurus TCP, all are very lightweight for range use, but we, my wife and I, decided on two TCPs, seems like less felt recoil than the LCP or Keltec, and just did not like the feel of the S&W, the Sig shot nice and felt great but for 3 times the price of the TCP it should,

With the 2 generation LCP, the trigger is much better. There are better sights and with a Hogue grip the recoil is lessened. The best Pocket/easy conceal pistol. 8 shots with Laser. Unbeatable at total 13oz.

With the 2 generation LCP, the trigger is much better. There are better sights and with a Hogue grip the recoil is lessened. The best Pocket/easy conceal pistol. 8 shots with Laser. Unbeatable at total 13oz.

Do you have an extended mag? mine is only 6+1.

I've got the Taurus 738 and am happy with it. Trigger is great (a little long but real smooth). Slide stays back after last round. I've also shot the Ruger and I still like the Taurus best. By the way, a pocket gun IS NOT a range gun, it's for self-protection and concealed carry. If you want a range gun, go buy a Single-Six.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back